Chapter three - the morning.

When I woke up the next morning it was still dark outside and for a second I forgot everything that had happened yesterday. I lay in bed just thinking until I felt Thomas shift over and my stomach dropped as I remembered that he'd finally come for me. My eyes welled up with tears and I tried to shake them away, I knew it wasn't Thomas's fault but I was human; how could he possibly expect me to become a Luna- especially when I was so young?

A solitary year leaked it's way down my cheek and I slipped quietly out of the bed onto the floor. I held myself and rocked backwards and forwards, trying not to think of all the things that could go wrong. I missed my family so much, they had always been there for me. Another three tears joined the first one as I started crying silently.

Suddenly I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I jumped in surprise as Thomas sat down next to me. "What are you thinking about, sweetie?" He asked me, his voice soft and caring.
"My family" I said, I knew I couldn't speak much without full on blubbing so I waited for Thomas to say something instead. "Are you alright?" He was whispering now, as if that would stop people from hearing us. "That's a stupid question" I retorted and he laughed.

He stood up and put the light on, then walked over to the cupboard to get some clothes. "Come on sweetie, dry your eyes so we can go have some breakfast." I looked at the clock on the bedside table and saw that it read 2:30 am, "Are we really having breakfast at two thirty in the morning?" I asked him quizzically as I tried to get my sobs under control enough to go downstairs. He chuckled and just said "Why the hell not?"

We went downstairs to the kitchen; I didn't get to see it last night but now I could see that it was huge. About as big as six normal kitchens put together it had a deep red and white theme as well as several islands in the middle. Thomas immediately got to work, first he took out bowls and pans and spoons from the cupboards; then all the ingredients to feed an entire army. At first I didn't know what he was making but pretty soon it was clear what that delicious smell was - pancakes!

He made an entire mountain of them, refusing to let me help when I asked if I could. Once he was finally done  he split the pancake pile in two and plopped some on my plate. He sat us down on one of the islands and we ate silently. Eventually I broke the comfortable silence "I never knew you could put so much stuff on pancakes!" I said while trying to decide what to put on my next one. Thomas had heaped the table with so many different choices of toppings I was surprised it didn't break under all the weight. "And I didn't know you could cook either." I added once I'd finished my mouth full. "There are a lot of things you don't know about me sweetheart." Thomas grinned as he said this and I felt slightly uneasy because he was right - I knew nearly nothing about him.

I quickly changed the subject though, because I literally had nothing to wear. "Thomas..." I asked. And he replied with a yes. "I don't have any clothes here." He was silent for a second before answering me. "We can take you shopping today" he shrugged casually. I cursed myself for not being more specific, I had wanted him to let me go back home to pick up my clothes so I could see my family again.

Just as we had finished two girls appeared in the doorway, they were in their pyjamas and their hair was all messy from sleeping. "Thomas! Do you have to make all that noise? Some people round here actually do like to sleep!" One of them moaned. I recognised one of the girls from last night, Annie, but I'd never seen the other one. She was older than Annie, about twenty with curly black hair and a kind ( but slightly annoyed ) smile. "Who's that?" She asked, pointing to me. "That's his mate" Annie growled and the girl's face fell.

"Hi, my names' Belle; what's yours?" she asked me, obviously trying to hide how surprised she was at my age. "My name's Grace, it's nice to meet you." I smiled at her.

"Can we all just go to bed now?" Annie yawned loudly, making us all laugh. "Yeah, in a minute, just let me eat this pancake." Thomas said while shovelling it into his mouth. I got up quietly and slipped back upstairs without them noticing. I lay down on the bed, expecting to fall asleep immediately. However, I was wide awake now and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't drift off. I must off been awake for hours, staring at the wall, thinking off a boy...