Chapter two - the house.

Thomas tried to talk to me but for some reason I was really really tired so I didn't say much. Just as I was drifting off to sleep I heard him and the tall guy talking together; then Thomas poked me gently and introduced the driver. "Grace, this is Daniel, the best male fighter we have. Daniel, this is my mate - who I've already told you so much about!" Thomas was getting more and more exited with each word he said but Daniel just looked grumpier, he muttered something under his breath and I could only catch out two words - human and really?.

I resisted Thomas's last wild attempts at conversation and started drifting off again, back too the wonderful world of sleep.
* * *

I was woken up by a chilling blast of cold air as the door was opened by Thomas and he gently shook me awake. "Come on sweetie time too get up, we're here." I must have been asleep for hours because it was nearly all dark outside and I ached all over from my funny position in the car.

He lead me inside a very big old house with warm lights coming from the windows and smoke coming out of the chimney. Once we had got inside we were ambushed by two teenagers a lot older than me asking Thomas all sorts of questions. I hid behind his back, trying not to draw attention to myself.

There was a boy and a girl, both with the same dusty brown hair, green eyes and freckles. They were about eighteen and they looked so similar to each other that they must be related. " Tommy! Tommy! Did you find her? Did you get your mate? " they both asked the same questions at the same time but Thomas seemed to be very used to the noise and the rush they made.

" Hello Aaron, hello Annie. Yeah, I got Grace " he said and smiled casually. "Well where is she then?" They both asked. He nudged me in front of him and as soon as they set eyes on me their faces fell and they glared at Thomas with a look of disgust. "She's way to young! Why didn't you leave her longer?" Anna and Aaron practically yelled at him.

"Shush, shush..." Thomas tried to calm them down " I'm not going to make her Luna yet, she's only twelve. I found her when she was four and I had to keep my wolf under control for eight years, today I just couldn't take it anymore."

Anna still looked angry and Aaron said "Twelve?!?" Under his breath but Thomas ignored them; instead turning to me and saying "Come on sweetie, lets go to bed." and ushering me upstairs. He took me into a massive bedroom with an en suite bathroom and TV in it before tossing me one of his t - shirts to use as pyjamas and going to get changed in the bathroom. I got into the shirt quickly and sat on the bed, unsure of what to do next. I could tell by all the stuff lying around that this was Thomas's room but there wasn't another bed so I assumed that one of us would sleep in another room or something.

Thomas came back in and lay down sleepily on the bed. I sat there awkwardly and was just about to lye on the floor when Thomas sat up again and pulled me back down onto the bed with him. I didn't really like this at first but I soon got used to it, lying next to my mate. Very quickly I drifted off into a comfortable sleep.