Prologue Pt. 1

He was sitting there, alone, in the corner of the café. With dark clothing that blends with the color of the walls and a black mask covering his mouth and nose.The only things that stood out was his pale—almost snow white—skin, and his grey dyed hair. He was almost unnoticeable.

Almost.

———————

She was ordering coffee for her friends. Her hair in a disarray and wearing only pajamas in this cold night, she was a sight to see. It had been a dare, a very stupid one that she had recklessly agreed on. But it was too late for that, and she knew it.

There were still a few people there. Enough to keep the café have a buzzing, lively aura going around.

Her eyes roamed around the café, looking for a spot to sit down, when she saw him. His slouched figure was on a couch at the corner of the café. It was strange, seeing him. The man had an aura of coldness that made the people around avoid him, and not sit near him. Which is why she approached a table near him and sat directly across from the gray-haired boy.

As her order took, for what seemed like forever to make, she kept on glancing—more like, staring blatantly—at him.

His hair was not completely grey, his roots were slightly showing and it looked dry. A sign of damage caused from too many bleaching and coloring. His clothes were almost all of the same shades: dark brown, black, dark grey. A stark contrast to his white-honey like skin. His mouth was a covered by a dark mask, leaving her imagining how would he look like without it.

She didn't know what brought her to stare at him so much. Maybe it was because he looked very sad. Or was it because she was curious what his face looked like behind the dark mask.

Something about him made her entranced. She didn't know why. It was just, him. That was, until her name was being called by the Barista.

"Yunmi! I have eight caramel macchiatos for Kim Yunmi."

____________________

The boy looked up and Yunmi saw a glimpse of his eyes. A deep, dark brown was the color, almost black. She couldn't stop staring. She got sucked into his eyes, like a moth entranced by a flame. That was, until her name had been called again.

"Min Yunmi! Eight orders of caramel macchiato for Min Yunmi!"

She shook her head, looking away from his eyes and stood up to get her order.

She didn't look back.

When she was about to step out of the shop, the barista shouted another order,"Eight orders of caramel macchiato for Min Yoongi!"

She saw the boy she had been staring at stand up and get his order. He was slowly facing the door when Yunmi took the chance and bolted out of the café.

'So his name was Min Yoongi. I think that sounds familiar', was Yunmi's last thought about the mysterious boy.