Part 8 & 9

Rangiku Matsumoto cried out as a Hollow smashed into a building, debris pelting her. "Growl, Haineko!" she yelled, pulling her zanpaktou out of its sheath. Immediatley, a gray fog started to swirl from her sword and enclosed the Hollow. The Hollow roar, trying to force its way out of the whirling ash. Rangiku swiped her sword handle, and she heard the Hollow cry out as the ash cut its head straight down the middle. Letting out a sigh of relief, Rangiku summoned her sword back and sheathed it.

"Matsumoto-chan!" Rangiku turned to find Momo Hinamori running to her.

"Hinamori..." Rangiku murmured in surprise. "Is everything alright?"

Momo panted softly. "Has Shiro-chan returned yet?! He hasn't returned in 6 months! I've heard Central 46 is started to have suspicions that he's involved in Hueco Mundo's entryway into Soul Society."

Rangiku crossed her arms. "Captain Hitsugaya hasn't returned yet. I don't want him to be accused of treason again after that one incident," she said in a serious tone. Momo's shoulders began to droop when Rangiku continued in a much happier voice. "But on the other hand, I've been able to drink sake without fear of him catching me!"

Momo slapped her forehead. "Don't get my hopes up like that!"

Rangiku sighed. Placing a hand on Momo's shoulder. "Don't worry about him. My captain can handle himself just fine. After all, he went to Karakura Town. Kurosaki Ichigo and Orihime are there, along with Ishida Uryuu and Sado!" she attempted to comfort the frail Shinigami.

Momo nodded. "I suppose you're right."

Rangiku smiled. "There! You see, everything's alright now! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go get some sake!" Turning, she waved as she headed to the bar.

* * *

"Nii-sama! What are you doing here?" Rukia exclaimed, standing up quickly.

Byakuya Kuchiki walked into the living room, Yoruichi Shihoin behind him. "We've come to retrieve you all. Except for," Byakuya trailed off. Spotting Karin, who was clutching Toshiro's arm, Byakuya sighed. "the Kurosaki girl."

Karin opened her mouth to protest when Toshiro put his hand over her mouth. "Don't argue," he whispered in her ear.

"Orihime and I can't both go!" Ichigo cried. "What about Maiko?"

Yoruichi crossed her arms. "Ichigo, calm down. We have that under control. We've arranged with your father that he'll take care of your daughter while you two are away. Please understand that we need both you and your wife for this job."

Orihime's footsteps thudded down the stairs quickly. "What's with all the noise?" she asked. Spotting Yoruichi and Byakuya, she opened her mouth. "Is something wrong?"

Ichigo quickly briefed his wife over the situation. Orihime nodded when he finished. "What about Ishida-kun and Sado-kun?"

Byakuya turned to her. "We can't take either of them along. Ishida Uryuu is much too busy handling the Hollows in this town and Sado's power is too like a Hollow's to bring along."

Ichigo started to protest. "I'm a Visored! I'm half-Hollow! How does that make me so different from Chad?"

Yoruichi narrowed her eyes at him. "Because you can control your Hollow! Sado's power may go out of control if the Hollow's ever get ahold of him."

Hitsugaya stood up. "Do we need to leave now?"

Yoruichi nodded. "I'll take Maiko to your Dad's house now, Ichigo."

Ichigo sighed. "Just once, I'd like the peace in my life to remain for a week! It's always this or always a Hollow!"

"Wait! What about Rukia-chan and myself? We're both pregnant!" Orihime cried.