Part 11

Kotetsu Isane walked into the bar, carrying mulitple loads of paperwork to complete. *I might as well have some fun completing all this tedious paperwork,* she thought to herself. Smiling, she walked over to a seat next to a drunken Rangiku Matsumoto and her drinking partner, Kira Izuru. "Mind if I sit over here?" she asked shyly, bending down.

Rangiku waved her hand, nodding. "Of course, of course." Taking a sip of sake, she exhaled loudly. "It's so much fun when my captain isn't here to harass me about doing paperwork all day," she remarked happily, her cheeks colored.

Izuru gulped down a large cup of sake. Sighing, he put the glass down. "Yeah, but aren't you the least bit worried as of what happened to Captain Hitsugaya? He's been away for the past few months and people are starting to get suspicious."

Isane giggled lightly, taking a seat next to Rangiku. Picking up the first paper on her pile, she jotted down a few signatures and initials. "My captain rarely even leaves the Seiretei. The only time I've known her to leave is when some of us went to Hueco Mundo to assist Ichigo Kurosaki in the rescue of Orihime Inoue."

Rangiku let out a cry of excitement. "As a matter of fact, Orihime and Ichigo got married! I was part of the bridal party. The World of the Living has the best sake ever. Now, she's Orihime Kurosaki. I'm so happy for her, after thinking that the love she had for Ichigo was unrequited."

Izuru rested his head on his cheek lazily. "I already knew. I spoke to Lieutenant Abarai a few years ago. Apparently, he was Ichigo's best man."

Isane smiled. "I'm glad they're happy." Returning to her paperwork, she continued to sign and initial the papers. Suddenly, she stiffened at a sudden spiritial pressure. Standing up quickly, the tall Shinigami looked down at her captain. "Captain Unohana! What are you doing here?!"

Retsu Unohana smiled warmly at her lieutenant. "I thought I'd come for a little drink. Things have died down, considering our active Hollow activities. We should all take advantage of little breaks we are handed. Lieutenant Isane, why don't you leave the paperwork for right now and have a drink with me?"

Isane's eyes widened. "But, but Captain! I have to finish - " she cut off her exclamation at Captain Unohana's wider and somewhat creepy smile.

"Have a drink with me, Isane," Unohana repeated, the creepy smile unusually terrifying.

"Y-Yes, Captain. Of course," Isane said, shuddering at her captain's persuasion.

* * *

Ichigo cast a serious look at Renji. "Renji! You stay here with Rukia and Orihime. Toshiro," he continued. "Come with me. Let's go look for Captain Unohana."

Toshiro nodded. "Alright. And just so we're clear, Kurosaki it's Captain Hitsugaya to you!"

Ichigo scowled at Toshiro. "Whatever! We have more important matters to attend to right now!" he yelled, notioning towards Rukia.

Yoruichi got up quickly. "I'll head towards the Squad 4 barracks and look for her there! You guys search the rest of the Seiretei." Flash stepping away quickly without another word, she was gone.

Ichigo sighed. "Hold on, Rukia. We'll get you help soon."

Rukia groaned. "Hurry," she said weakly as a contraction rippled across her stomach. Orihime gripped Rukia's hand tightly. "Don't worry, Rukia-chan. I'll help you through this," she murmured. "I know it hurts horribly. Just breathe through it. Ichi-kun!" she cried, looking at her husband. "You have to find Captain Unohana soon."

Renji ran over to Ichigo, shaking the twenty-two year old's shoulders frantically. "What do I do?!"

Ichigo removed Renji's hands from his shoulder. "First of all, calm down."