5 Days until Shutdown

Haekyeon is working on Subject 3's, Han Sanghyuk, while Jaehwan shows the doctors and scientists Subject 1. The boy is clearly uncomfortable; he flinches when one pokes at him. Haekyeon rolls his eyes and thinks back to the previous night.

*"Kaylin, you have to tell me," he orders.

"Nope," she answers, crossing her legs, "Not until I get some answers."

Her voice was shaking slightly; she was clearly terrified. He takes out the remote that controls the collar. She flinches slightly, but quickly regains her composure. If Haekyeon was honest with himself, he was impressed. She was wearing the hospital clothes again, but at her stubbornness her felt himself go hard again. He puts the clipboard over that area to hide it. To make her stop being that way, he relents a bit.

"I'll answer three of your questions if you answer my one," he offers. She seems to ponder it and nods slightly.

"Me first," she answers.

He leans back in the chair and gestures for her to continue. She swallows nothing.

"What exactly did you remove? Like organs."

"Stomach, anything to do with the digestive system. We replaced all of that with machinery after you regained enough weight as to not harm you. The only other thing we completely removed was the part of you that could conceive. Everything else was wired with machinery."

"So... I can't have children?"

"That's correct, although, the way we did it you could still have sex if you wanted."

"Second question," she says hurriedly, she obviously was uncomfortable with what he just told her. He internally smacks himself for being so blunt. On the outside, he nods.

"Do I have special abilities? Like, once you said something about super strength?"

He nods again, "You have unnatural strength, you're far faster than a normal human, you can see farther, hear little things, and you hardly feel pain. The only reason it hurts when I shock you is because it's three settings higher than what would kill you if you were a normal human.. Third question?"

"I don't have one, can I save it?" She asks timidly.

He nods generously, "Now answer my question."

"He was asking if anybody could hear him," she answers, "I told him I was going through an experiment but I didn't know what kind and I told him about the dead bodies in the lab and your and you and Leo. That's about it."

Haekyeon nods, writing down what she said. He stands and stretches.

"Well princess, we're done here," he yawns, "Time to go back to your room."

She hangs her head and follows him out. When they pass a window, she stops and stares longingly. He turns back and sees her.

"Princess," he calls gently, taking her wrist, "Come on."

"N, can I please go outside?" She asks in a longing whisper.

"No," he answers lightly but firmly, "Now, come on."

"Please," she begs, he can hear the earnestness in her voice, "Two minutes. That's it. Please N."

He sighs, of course she'd want to go out. She'd been locked in a dim glass room for almost the entirety of three years. She hadn't breathed unfiltered air, felt the warmth of the sun, seen the stars in all that time. Slowly, he pulls out his keys and unlocks the door.

"Hold out your hands," he orders. She obeys swiftly and he handcuffs them together.

"Two minutes, that's it. If you try to run you will be punished," he warns and she nods.

He opens the door and she runs out, stopping on the grass. He then notices that her feet were bare, she could feel the grass under her feet. She sinks to her knees and breaths in deeply. He watches her with pity, this was likely the last time she'd ever see the outside world.

He checks his watch, two minutes had passed. Somehow, he couldn't bear to force her in, back to the glass cage, always looking out at those looking in at her.

"What are you doing?" A voice asks from behind him, he whirls and sees Taekwoon.

"You let her outside?!" Taekwoon yells.

"Taekwoon, look at her. She hasn't been outside for three years," Haekyeon answers calmly, "She deserves this at least."

"She's an experiment! A test subject! She's not human, in fact, she is the equivalent to a lab rat!" Taekwoon yells.

Haekyeon slaps his hand over the other man's mouth. He turns to Kaylin, the broken look on her face told him everything.

"Two minutes princess," he tells her as if nothing happened.

She nods, hanging her head and walks through the opened door. She waits for both of them. Haekyeon is about to undo the handcuffs but Taekwoon stops him.

"No, I'll take her back," he says, his voice was full of anger, "You go back to the lab and help Jaehwan with SUBJECT'S 2 and 3."

Haekyeon nods slowly and gives Kaylin one last look of pity before Taekwoon roughly grabs her arm and drags her away. He sighs and goes to the lab, taking over Subject 3.*

"And this is Subject 2 and 3, whom Dr. Cha and Dr. Jung is working on," Jaehwan says loudly, Haekyeon looks up and bows slightly.

"How far are you on these two?" One woman asks.

"We've been working in them but we doubt they'll be successful due to the facts that they've been corpses longer than Ho-Subject 1; we recieved him within seven minutes after his death and we're able to preserve his brain. While we weren't able to do that with Subject 1 and 2," Haekyeon answers like a robot, "Besides that, we've been working with him since then."

"Are you sure this young man isn't a robot Jaehwan?" One man jokes.

"Be quiet Jiyong," the woman, Haekyeon thinks her name is Chae-lin?

"You know that the goal of the experiment was to make functioning humanoids, cyborgs if you will, out of corpses that have died at different times and stages in their live," she continues, "Jaehwan said you were successful. But," she gestures to the bodies, "Unless these are up and running in a little more than 96 hours, this experiment will be considered a failure."