Chapter Nine: Share Circle

The six teens did not know how to react to the frightening stunt the murderer had just pulled on them. They were left speechless and worried that their secrets might haunt them for the rest of their lives.

"Oh my God! Clean it up!" Liv yelled as her eyes grew watery.

Pierre grabbed an old rag that was hanging over the side railing of the ship and placed it over the bloody rosary necklaces.

"Is that Irene's blood?" Dominique asked in hopes that she was wrong.

"Let's not go there, please!" Liv panicked as Pierre tossed the stained rag overboard.

Bryon became uneasy. "This isn't adding up. Nobody can be this sick. Charlie Wind is not this cruel!" He yelled in anger.

The sound of footsteps approaching rose.

"Quiet!" Mitchy loudly whispered as they grew silent. They all bunched up into a crowded little group with Pierre in the front. He grabbed a tripod that was placed by the door as he held it up, waiting for the right moment to strike.

The footsteps grew closer and closer until they saw a human-like figure. They all screamed as Pierre swung the tripod.

It was Sam. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" He shouted. Luckily he had fast reflexes and ducked at the exact moment Pierre swung.

"Oh my God...Sam! I'm so sorry." Pierre apologized.

Sam noticed the six teens huddled up as if they were in a wolf pack. "What is this, a cult?" He asked, letting out a chuckle. "Since when do you all know each other?"

Azer stepped forward. "Sam. Pierre is sorry. He didn't know it was you." He apologized for Pierre once again as he placed his hands on Sam's shoulders.

"So is that why he attacked me with a tripod?" Sam asked sarcastically. "Whatever. Charlie wants you all back at the deck. He says he has another activity for us." He rolled his eyes.

"Oh-okay. C'mon guys." Azer said, struggling to keep a smile on his face.

The teens debated if they should go back, now that the tables have turned. Given the chances that Charlie Wind might be Irene's murderer, they had to stay one step ahead of him by not letting him know what they know.

As they arrived to the deck, they noticed the other teens sitting in what appeared to be a giant circle. Charlie was patiently waiting for them and invited them to join. "Woah! Glad you guys are still alive!" He chuckled, leaving the teens more afraid than ever.

There were small gaps within the giant circle, almost as if Charlie had reserved spots for them to sit. Dominique and Pierre sat beside each other, Liv was one person apart from Azer, Sam Charlie and Bryon next to each other, and Mitchy was in between strangers.

"I take back that joke I made earlier--you know about the cult. This actually feels more like it." Sam whispered to Azer.

Charlie made himself the center of attention by informing them what their next activity was. "Alright guys. We are gathered here because I want us to feel connected." He went on as most of the teens rolled their eyes. "I like to call this activity...Share Circle."

"This should be interesting..." Azer mumbled under his breath.

"Okay, so basically we will all point out one of our struggles, or something we've had to deal with in the past that we overcame with the help of our savior, Jesus Christ." Charlie explained. "I'll start. Hello everyone. My name is Charlie Wind, and I am your youth leader, obviously." He chuckled. "One thing I've had to overcome in the past was lying."