4

Night was soon upon us and the birds were silenced I was sat in front of the fire poking it trying to get it to burn up the logs. "Shadow!" Geralt called me. I got up and walked into my bedroom but I leant against the threshold.

"What's up?" I asked walking into the room.

"Just wanted some company" he told me smiling and gestured for me to come closer, I sat on the bed and he took my hands in his. "I owe you my life, therefore I offer you my protection" he told me.

"I accept" I smiled and then began to unbandage his wounds with the paste on, and what do you know they were healing nicely, so I cleaned the paste from the scars and didn't bother putting bandages on them since I wanted the incense and the air to finish healing them.

"You know those claw marks make you look beautiful" he told me resting his hand on the tender scars but I just gently brushed his hand from my face. 

"Thanks for the flattery but I disagree" I replied. Geralt could only offer me a comforting and an understanding smile. "You should be able to walk in a few days time" I told him, getting up and then walking into my kitchen. I could see my reflection in the glass of the window, I felt unattractive because of the scars and wanted nothing more than to hide them away from the world. I made some food for Geralt and then took it into him, I found him passed out on the bed, I placed the food down,  then rested one hand on his forehead- he was still warm, meaning his fever hadn't broken. 

"Looks like I am going to need stronger herbs" I said standing up and leaving Geralts room. I walked outside to my porch where I stood with my arms wrapped around my torso and I rubbed my arms gently, and I looked out at the field where my horse was grazing and Geralts horse was running around like crazy. I heard the wooden floorboards creak in my house and I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Geralt you should be resting" I reminded the witcher.

"I know, but I cant knowing you're troubled." He replied.

"How did you know?"  I inquired turning to him.

"Your body language isn't hard to read" He answered.

"That easy huh even though I have tried to hide it" I said.

"Did you want to talk about it?" He asked.

"No, not really" I said.

"If you're sure" He replied.

Geralt soon collapsed into the bench on the porch.  So I decided to hand him the flask of enchanted water from around my waist. "This will hopefully break your fever" I told him. He took it from me and I noticed that his veins glowed red as the liquid worked its way through and around his body. I placed my hand once again on his forehead.

"Your fever has broken" I told him.

"Thanks to you" He replied.

"It was no trouble" I told him.

Geralt patted the seat next to him. "Now are you going to let me take care of those scratches" He asked running his fingers over my scratches and then into my hair.

"They are taken care of" I answered.

"No, the stitching is loose and one looks infected" He replied.

"Fine" I whined. So I went inside and he followed me. I got a bowl of water and a cloth and then sat down on my chair by my dining table, I pulled my hair over my other shoulder and handed Geralt the cloth. He crouched next to me and gently cleaned the griffin scratch, he was trying to be gentle and I could tell by the look on his face he was trying to be sympathetic since he knew I was now self conscious of it, I began to hiss since it stung.

"Stop being such a baby!" Geralt exclaimed and he was soon done and allowed me to get up and lay on my bed, a few seconds later and Geralt joined me, but he was a gentleman and laid with his back to me.

"We leave in the morning" He told me.

"We?" I asked a little confused.

"Yes. You're travelling with me"  He replied.

"Geralt, witchers usually travel alone" I reminded him.

"I know" He replied.  "But for some reason I appreciate your presence. I guess what I am trying to say is, I enjoy you being around" He  finished.  I was glad my back was to him due to the fact I was blushing. Geralt fell asleep first since his breathing became incredibly deeper. It wasn't long till I drifted off and I began to dream, I hadn't had a nice dream in a while since they were mostly filled with nightmares. I woke in a field, the grass was long, emerald and soft against my bare skin, my armour was replaced with an ivory dress which flowed down to my ankles, my long hair was loose and I saw a figure with their back to me. I noticed a figure was stood in front of me, he had long white hair and was dressed in a white shirt, with black trousers and boots.

He turned around and he had a scar travelling through his left eye, a silver wolf necklace hung from his neck. "Geralt?" I asked. He didn't say a word, he just ran to me but then turned into a griffin and attacked me. I woke up screaming and I saw Geralt rushed to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Fine, just a bad dream" I answered. I noticed Geralt was in his armour and both the horses were tacked up. So I got up and strapped on my armour, we gathered our provisions and began the hunt for a new case, we had no idea where the adventure would take us and what we would battle. But I had a feeling it was going to bring us closer and we would became an elite team. Our names would be feared.

Geralts mare soon began to race Aphrodite, but I kicked her ribs and she galloped faster, we soon raced through a river, both Geralt and I got soaked. We made it to a town with people who just stared at us and whispered amongst themselves.

Please vote and comment