Dangerous

Our eyes met, and he lit up with a sort of happiness mixed with relief. He instantly rushed over to the glass.

"Alex!" He said frantically, placing his hand on the glass. "What's going on? What are you doing here?"

I placed my hand on the glass next to his. "Peter!" I turned to my left to see Skye and Lincoln rush into the hallway after me, stopping about three yards from the cubicle. Skye realized we had seen each other and her shoulders dropped with a sigh.

"What is this?!," I yelled angrily.

She placed her hands out. "Lucy, calm down. Let me explain."

"Give me one reason why I should!," I yelled louder. I stuck my hand out at the cubicle. "Why is he here?"

"I'd like to know that answer too," I heard Peter comment.

"I'm sorry," Skye pleaded. "We had to contain you for safety reasons. It's only temporary."

"Safety reasons!?," Peter yelled back. "One of you showed up in apartment and I couldn't even say anything before you shot me!"

"It was an ICER. It was for the safety of everyone," she countered.

I scoffed. "Shoot first, ask questions later, right?"

She sighed. "Look, I'm sorry, but we needed to get you all here as soon as possible. And this is how we decided to play it."

"I haven't done anything wrong! For two years you guys left me alone. What changed?", Peter said.

Realization dawned on me. "Neither of us have done anything wrong." I turned back to Peter. "They need your help."

He looked instantly confused. "You thought I would help you?", he said to Skye.

"Once you saw what we were up against, yes. You too, Lucy. It's a lot to explain," she said.

"Why don't we all just calm down?," Lincoln added.

Peter pounded the glass again. "Why don't you let me out?".

I smirked, looking back at him. "He has a point."

"I can't do that," Lincoln said.

"Why?," I asked. "Is he gonna zap you?"

"I think it's the other way around," he replied.

"Then what are you so afraid of?," I said, taking a few steps toward him. "He's obviously not hostile."

"Are you sure about that?," Lincoln said, glancing back to him.

I rolled my eyes, turning and walking back.
"Peter?," I said sarcastically. "Do you promise not to kill anyone?"

"Yes of course, I'd be glad too," he said mockingly, glaring back at Lincoln.

I turned back around, gesturing back. "There you go."

"You know it doesn't work like that," Skye said.

I leaned against the cubicle. "Then I'm going to stay here and not move until it does work like that. You can't just go around picking up people like they owe you a debt and have to do what you say. Especially imprisioning them because they're dangerous."

"We're all dangerous," Lincoln said. He had a menacing glint in his eye when he said that.

"We found a Hydra base, alright? We've heard certain speculations about what they are doing, and it's not pretty. And the only way we can get inside and take them down is if we work together," Skye said, silencing the room. "People could be dying. We're the only ones capable of stopping it."

I lowered my gaze and glanced to Peter, who's expression softened slightly when he looked at me.

"We just need your help," Lincoln spoke up.

"Then let him out," I replied.

He opened his mouth to protest, but was cut off by a voice entering the hallway.

"Do what she says," Coulson said as he rounded the corner and walked past them. He approached me and Peter. "We don't see you as a threat, Mr. Richards. We just figured given your powers it'd be a good idea to keep you in a safe spot until you woke up."

"They don't really work in here," Peter replied.

"Exactly," Coulson said, walking to the far end of the cubicle. He began fiddling with the security pad on the left. "It wasn't our first choice to bring you here against your will, but you two were some of the only ones we knew to call. We figured if both of you were here, it might be simpler."

The pad beeped and the door on the far end of the cubicle slid open with a hiss.

"Thanks," Peter said, stepping out.

I took a few steps toward him and wrapped my arms around him, pulling into a hug. After stepping back, I looked him up and down.
"It's been a while," I said.

"Yeah," he replied. "It's good to see you."

"It's good to see you, too," I said smiling. I turned around to face Coulson.

"Does this make us cool?", I said, glancing to Skye and Lincoln.

"That's up to them quite honestly," he replied, walking in their direction. "Whatever that decision is, it doesn't change the fact that we have new intel that I'll be briefing in my office in five minutes." And just as dramatically as he entered, Coulson left.

Skye and Lincoln looked back at us.
"I guess that settles it then," she said.

"I guess so," I replied.

Lincoln still had a hard stare set on Peter, who was returning the gesture.

I patted Peter on the chest. "Tone down the testosterone, you two."

"We'll need to show you the way to Coulson's office," Skye said, turning to leave.  "I forget you haven't been here before."

With a huff Lincoln followed her out, and I glanced back at Peter.

He placed his hands out in front of him. "After you."