Kiss A Hyuga: Chapter 7

A/N: Thanks for the reviews and ratings! I apologize for the semi-late update ^^ Enjoy!

______________________________________

I followed Sasuke down the street which was basically deserted. It was only me and him now. We were silent as we passed houses and shops. I had no idea what to say or do. So I just listened to the heavy rain fall atop his umbrella that he held over our heads.

Sasuke tightened his grip on my hand sending slight chills through my body.

"Hate...is a heavy word." he said slolwy. It was almost a whisper but I could still hear it over the hard rain. His voice just had that impact. "It has so much...emotion within it." he countinued. I glanced at him. He looked straight ahead.

"I choose my words carefully. So when I say I hate you..." Sasuke's voice drifted off and he turned to me.

I quickly looked down at the ground. I could feel his gaze on me. My heart was beating fast. It seemed like eternity before he directed his gaze back ahead again.

"It's been raining for a week straight now." he remarked as he let go of my hand and held his out in the rain. I watched him catch raindrops, That was something I did often. I would reach my hand out and caught a few large droplets. I liked to play in it sometimes but these past few days had been so hectic.

Sasuke pulled his hand back under the umbrella and grabbed mines. Slowly he moved it outside the umbrella and held it there. I opened my palm so I could catch the drops.

"It's so peaceful at times yet at others... quite violent. Somewhat like people."

"Huh?"

"The rain can be devilishly violent and sometimes it graces us with it's fragile calming beauty."

"Hm..." I said as Sasuke turned my hand around letting the rain hit all sides. It felt seemingly gentle and pleasant. "How is it now? Calm and beautiful or devishly violent?" I asked.

I wasn't sure if he could hear me over the rain. My voice didn't have the imapct his had. It was so quiet.

Sasuke gazed at me again. I stared ahead at the rain. I couldn't bring myself to look at him.

"It's...beautiful..."

I had never heard Sasuke say the word 'beautiful' before. I didn't even know it was in his vocabulalry. I never knew such nice words could be spoken by someone like him.

"It's spring. Correct?" Sasuke asked still looking at me.

"Y-yes." I said nodding.

He sighed. "A season of annoying bugs and flowers." he muttering turning back to the street.

"You hate flowers too?" I asked.

Sasuke didn't reply.

"I love flowers. They're really pretty and-"

I paused as Sasuke stopped walking. He handed me the umbrella and bent down. For the first time I noticed where we were, We hadn't really gone far from Sasuke's house we actually just made it out of the yard. Sasuke picked a yellow flower from the ground and stood back up. He stared at me. This time I couldn't help but stare back. His dark eyes were drawing me in, I barely noticed him place the flower in my hair.

"I hate them." he whispered.

He did hate flowers.

'Why?'

I stood there in complete shock and confusion. Sasuke had just put a flower in my hair. A pretty pink flower which he hated into the hair of the girl he hated.

"The rain stopped." he said closing the umbrella.

I blinked.

"Well I should tell you your friend has been calling you for the last few minutes." he said walking past me. His shoulder brushed against mines as walked by. I turned around and watched him walk.

"M-my friend?" I asked confused.

"I still hate you." he said as he countinued walking.

I still hated him too.

"HINATA!" I heard Kiba call.

I jumped at the loud sound of his voice. Everything seemed louder when the rain stopped.

I took one last glance at Sasuke before running in the direction of Kiba's voice. I felt dizzy for some strange reason.

"Where were you?!" Kiba cried once he saw me. "I've been calling you for the last five minutes!"

"I-I-I was..." my voice drifted off. What was I supposed to say? Should I tell him I was walking with Sasuke? He'd want to know why though and well I didn't know myself.

"Where'd that come from?" he asked pointing to the flower.

"It uh..."

"Did Naruto give it to you?" he asked grinning.

I wanted to say Naruto gave it to me. I really did. That would be a dream come true. But I couldn't say that because it was Sasuke who had put it in my hair and no matter how hard I wished it were Naruto it would still be Sasuke.

"You know I purposly gave you the side of town with Naruto's house." Kiba went on without waiting for my anwser. He did that often. "So my hard work better have paid off."

"H-he said I was sweet..." I said touching my cheek.

"Is that all?" Kiba asked.

I shook my head.

"Well spill it!" he cried impatiently.

"He l-licked my cheek." I said slowly.

Kiba grinned. "Like this?" he asked grabbing me and licking my cheek. "Or this?" he asked licking me again. "Or this? Or this?"

"Stop that!" I cried.

Kiba didn't listen, He loved to bother me.

Whack

"Leave her alone." Shino said whacking Kiba in the head.

"T-thank you, Shino." I said wiping my cheek with my sleeve.

He shook his head. "Kiba you really act like a dog. Sometimes I can't tell you apart from Akamaru."

"Take that back or I'll pound you!" Kiba cried.

Shino ignored Kiba and looked at me. "Rare flower." he said pointing to my hair.

"What?"

"Only one grows every two years. Atleast that's what they say. Not that I like to read anything like that."

"Shino reads girly books!" Kiba sang grinning and slapped Shino's back as Shino glared at him through his dark sunglasses.

"You mad? Nothing to be ashamed of bro...Ahaha! Girly boy...ow!" Jobs teased him, but a bug crawled up his arm an bit him.

"Every two years?" I said taking the flower from my hair and staring at it. Now that I thought of it I had never seen anything like it before. I didn't even know what it was called. I brought it to my nose, the smell was intoxicating and sweet, Even the heavy rain couldn't rid it.

"Hinaaaata!"

I turned around to Hanabi standing behind me, she had a cupcake in her hand. Kiba must have given it to her since he had that side of the villiage.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Father wants you." she said grabbing my hand and pulled me toward the compound.

-

T.B.C