Chapter 1 Scarred

I kicked and shoved. Trying my hardest to get away from the horror trying to take me away from my home.

"Come on, Talon! We are leaving. You are not fit to raise our sister anymore," my so called brother shouted, dragging me to the door.

"No! Mom's dying! I can't just leave her with an seven year old to take care of her." I yelled right back, grabbing hold of a chair.

I sat up and smashed the chair on his head. He let go of my legs to hold his now bleeding head. I sprinted back down the hall back to my mom's room. She was coughing up blood, and the bandages around her torso was scarlet red. My little sister was beside her crying and yelling "mom".

"Ice! Back up. I'll help Mom. Just go get the pack doctor," I told her rushing forward, gently lifting her head; the wound on her side was just dripping blood.

'Crap! Dr. William better get here soon' I thought quickly transferring holding her head to my left arm, and grabbing a sheet and pressing it to the bloody mess. My mom was the Luna of the pack and had fought in an intense battle against the River Rush Pack and had a chunk torn out of her side. Even with the werewolf's incredible healing, the damage she took would take a long time to heal. That's why she's bleeding right now, She never fully healed so the wound opens a lot. I heard a noise behind me, and I looked. My idiot brother was standing there, holding his head, and staring at the bloody mess in front of him. I heard a crash down stairs, and heard the pounding of feet in the hallway.

"Talon, I got the doctor. How's Mom," Ice panted, a tall man followed behind her.

"Good for you getting me here fast, Ice," Dr. William said, patting her on the head," I'll take over Talon. You did a good job on clearing her breathing pathway, but you might want to clean up. The young man too. He has a nasty wound to his head."

I laughed, while rubbing the back of my head. Fang, my brother, only snorted, and mumbled "she's the cause of the wound." I snapped my head in his direction and glared at him. 'Don't push your luck buddy.' I mind linked to him. Fang just glared back at me. I motioned to follow me to the bathroom. There I grabbed more bandages from the closest and some hydrogen peroxide. I poured some on a rag and handed it to Fang to put on his head. His put it on the lump, and flinched slightly as the liquid touched the cut. He tried not to show it, but I saw him flinch. After a little bit, I took back the rag and started rubbing the wound gently. Fang growled at me as I grabbed the bandages and started wrapping his messy bloody head.

"You're still coming with me back to the pack," Fang bluntly stated.

I snorted," Yeah right. In your dreams, Mom and Ice still need me, and you can't make me leave. I'm happy here."

Fang muttered something incomprehensible, even for the wolf hearing to pick up. I tied the finished bandage and started cleaning up. Fang just sat there and stared at me. 'What the heck are you doing?' I asked through the link. 'Just watching you, to make sure you don't do anything stupid to hurt yourself ' he replied back. I simply rolled my eyes at what he said. I left the bathroom and went to my room to change from the blood stained I had on. I heard Fang grunt and stand up to follow me.

"Go to the living room and wait for me there. I'm going to change," I said walking down the hallway.

I heard him stop for a brief second, and then a slight shift of the carpet as he walked away. When I was in my room, I quickly changed into clean clothes, threw the bloody ones into a clothes basket. I then quickly grabbed a backpack full of necessary things. I quietly checked on Mom and saw she was fine; the pack doctor still there, so nothing to fear. I just needed some fresh air. I went back to my room; quietly opened the window, and jumped out. Landing quietly in the grass, I looked around to see if Fang had heard my little get away. Nothing happened so I slipped into the woods. The run wasn't very hard; I just go to a little tree fort in the woods when I want to escape the world. The tree fort was around one more bend when I heard thumping behind me. I stopped dead in my tracks and listened. The footsteps stopped about twelve feet behind me. No wait, someone was to my left and my right!