For The Most Part

Harry laughed as he pushed his glasses up further and he looked back down at his open notebook. I giggled as he flipped through all the pages that I had vandalized with a black sharpie, using up most of his paper for my doodles and random words. He softly shook his head, letting out one last laugh before closing his notebook.

"You are insane." He said as he put the notebook besides him.

"Thank you, Harry." I was still giggling. Leaning on my knees, I poked Harry's dimple. Then I fell backwards, landing on my back, staring at the ceiling of Harry's room.

"What is wrong with you, Charlie?" Harry laughed. He dropped to his stomach laying next to me. I shrugged and we stayed silent for a few moments.

Harry has been my friend for a long time, but we just recently started to get closer. When we were in Primary School, no one cared that Harry was kind of scrawny and had glasses. But as soon as we hit High School, everyone it seemed turned on him. Year six was by far the worst year for Harry. All of his old friends left him for "cooler people". They didn't start verbally bullying him until year seven, and they didn't start physically harming him until last year, year ten.

Poor Harry was completely alone all of High School, or at least everyone thought he would be. I had been friends with him since Primary School, but I didn't leave him. At first I was trying to "find myself" in High School, but then I started eating lunch with Harry, and we hit it off. We started teaming up for all the school projects, sitting by each other in class, all that "best friend" type stuff. Not only did I get made fun of for being best friends with a guy, (all that "you like like him, don't you?" gets annoying) but since that aforementioned guy is Harry, I get even more persecution for it. I don't get it near as bad as Harry, but some of the stuff they say to either of us is really painful to hear.

"So many things are wrong with me, Harry. Haven't we covered this?" I chuckled. He looked up at me with those bright green eyes and smiled. I honestly loved his smile. My favorite part is how his mouth is a bit crooked when he smiles. The smile lines by his nose that come up around his eyes. His dimples. I love his dimples.

"Yes, Charlie, we have. But it sure doesn't change that every day we find a new abnormality." He laughed, boosting himself up so he could stand up. His glasses fell off when he did this, so his eyes immediately went to the squinty position they do when he isn't wearing them. I grabbed his glasses and got up in front of him. He was much taller than I was, so I stepped up on his feet, but even then I still had to stand on my tippy-toes to reach his head. Slowly, I put his glasses back on his head and he blinked a few times to get into focus.

"Why thank you." He chuckled. I smiled as I stepped off of his feet and grabbed my bag from the floor.

"No problem." I grinned as I began walking towards his door. "See you Monday!" I was going out of town for the weekend, so Harry and I wouldn't be able to hang out during the weekend, like we usually do.

"Uh... yeah, about that Charlotte..." He started to say but stopped. I looked at him, expecting him to continue, but when he didn't, I kept walking out of his room. I was almost down the stairs when I heard him bounding down the hallway behind me. "Wait Charlie I need to tell you something!" He was yelling after me. I kept walking, knowing he could just catch up to me before I left.

I ran into Harry's sister, Gemma, as she walked out of the kitchen at the base of the stairs.

"Oh hey Charlie! How are you?" She asked. We had small talk for a few seconds, joking about how everything was going to go wrong on my trip (it always does) when Harry came crashing down the stairs and almost ramming into me.