chapter 10

"Hey, wake up sleep head" Brody said.

"Noooooo, it's too early." I whined.

"It's 11 o'clock." He chuckled.  I rolled over on my back and rubbed my eyes. I looked at a smiling Brody, who was looking down at me.  "We have to get back to Shady Creeks, Autumn.  It's a long drive and you have to get back to school tomorrow."

"Can't we stay here another day?"

"I wish we could, but I have a job to get back to and you have school. Now get. Lucy's making lunch for us."

I got up and went over to my bag...the only other clothed Brody packed me was a white sun dress that cam just above my knees.  I hated that dress...actually, I hate wearing dresses.  Skirts are ok...dress aren't.  But anyways, I slipped the dress on and looked in the mirror. I gasped and turned around.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?" I screamed.

"What? You never told me to leave." Brody said innocently.

"So you just sat there and watched me change clothes?!"

"Yep."

Then the door swung open revealing an out of breath Lucy and Mason.  "What happened?" Mason asked worriedly.

"We heard you scream" Lucy added.

"Your brother, here, just sat there and watched me change into my dress!"

Lucy walked over to Brody and hit him. "Brody!" She scolded. "You know better than that!"

"She never told me to get out." He defended himself.

"I forgot you were in here!" I retaliated.

"Forgot? How could you forget this?" He said pointing to his abs.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room.  Lucy followed.   "So how'd she look?" I heard Mason ask Brody.

"MASON  ALEXANDER JEFFERSON!!!  GET OUT HERE NOW!" Lucy yelled.

Mason came running out and wrapped his arms around Lucy.  "I'm sorry babe. You know I love you." He said sweetly.

"Mhm." Lucy said angrily and started walking away, but Mason pulled her back into a kiss.  "I love you too." Lucy said, implying that she forgave him.  "So lunch! I made chicken marsala over pasta, if that's alright Autumn?"

"It's perfect.  It's one of my favorite foods."

"Mine too!" Mason said excitedly.  "Brody hurry up! I wanna eat!"  He called to Brody.

"Alright I'm almost ready. And she has an amazingly hot body!"

"Brody!" We all screamed.

"You do Autumn! don't deny it." He called back. My face turned red.

"Come on Autumn.  Brody's not going any lunch now." Lucy said loud enough for Brody to hear.

 Brody walked out in a white button down shirt and black jeans...amazingly sexy I might add. "I'm only kidding, sis"  Lucy rolled her eyes. "No I'm not." Brody whispered in my ear. I punch him hard, but apparently that didn't hurt him because he just laughed.

We all sat down at the kitchen table  and ate the chicken marsala that Lucy made.   It was the best dish I had ever  had.

"So Autumn" Lucy started. "I heard about what happened.  Losing your family and now...you know...what happened on Halloween.  If all that happened to me, I would've been a wreck.  You seem to be handling it well."

"Yeah well, if it wasn't for Brody, I would be.  He keeps my mind off things."  I said with a little sdness in my voice

"I'm sorry Autumn.  I shouldn't have brought it up." Lucy apologized.