chapter 43

Brody's POV

Lucy came into my room right after I got done talking to Autumn.  Lucy seemed upset....of course sh'es upset...she just lost Mason forever.

"Are you alright Lucy?" I asked.

She nodded her head yes.  "This is all my fault, isn't it?"  she asked sitting down on the edge of my bed.

I gave her an apologetic look. "Not entirely, sis. I agreed to do it...it's my fault too"

There was an awkward silence then.  None of us knowing what to say.  "I'm getting rid of my baby." Lucy blurted out.

"What?" I asked, making sure that what I had just heard was true.

"I'm getting an abortion.  Tomorrow.  I can't have this baby, Brody.  It'll ruin my life."

"But you were so happy earlier...you know, before all that chaos."

"Yeah, but that's when I though I had Mason there to support me and help raise it.  But now everything's different.  I'll lose my job...no one will want to hire a model who's a Mom.  And I need my job, Brody.  And if the tabloids find out about this, my career is over.  I-I'm not ready to be a mother just yet."  She explained.

"It's my baby too, Lucy.  You can't just get rid of a child that's half mine."

"I know it is...but you and Autumn are having a baby and it's just not right for me to have your baby at the same time.  It's not right for me to have your baby at all."

"I don't care if it's not right.  It's still my child you're carrying.  Do you even care how I feel about this?"

"Of course I do, but this whole situation is complicated.  You and Autumn don't deserve this."

"Lucy, please. Don't do this. It's my child too and I'll love it regardless who the mother is.  An abortion is the same thing as murder.  You're  murdering our baby." I said getting aggravated.

"It's my life and my body Brody!  This baby will ruin me! Do you know how many things a baby needs? And how much money all those things will cost?! Without my job, I'll be nothing...worthless.  The baby will eat up all my money!  I'll have to hire a nanny, buy extra food, extra clothes, millions of diapers, a stroller, a crib, high chair, bottles, bibs, playpen, walker, changing table, baby wipes, toys, I'll have to baby  proof the entire house....The list goes on and on!"  Lucy exclaimed, starting to cry.  "I just can't do it!"

I stared at her for the longest time, probably making her uncomfortable.  She started to get up and leave, but I stopped her.  I had an idea. "Have the baby and give it to me and Autumn. We'll raise it, feed it, clothe it, and love it.  The baby will never know that you're it's mother unless it asks.  We'll say it's mine and Autumn's baby's twin.  They'll be born around the same time right?  It's perfect.  We'll both get what we want.  You owe me that much."

"I guess I could take a couple months off work until the baby comes.  Do you think Autumn will go along with it?" She asked.

"I think she will.  I'll talk to her about it when she gets back.  Until then, don't do anything drastic. Please."

Lucy looked down and back up at me.  "Alright Brody. I'll have the baby. But if you and Autumn back out, I'm not having it."

"Thank you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N AAaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!! I don't have any good ideas today!!!! Sorry this chapter's so short.  I honestly can't think of much to write today.