i

hongdae, NB2 엔비투
15th march
8.24 p.m.

the roaring of motorcycles gradually died down as the boys braked, reducing to a constant low hum in the background. one of them removed his helmet and ran a hand through his hair that was slightly dampened with sweat.

behind him, a guy with maple brown hair got off his bike too and replaced his helmet with a black snapback that covered nearly half of his features. it cast a shadow over his eyes, making it hard for anyone to recognise him from far.

"let's go, jimin hyung." the first guy called out.

"you sure are excited, jungkook." the guy named jimin chuckled. nevertheless, he made his way to jungkook and together, they stepped into one of the most popular clubs in hongdae.

jungkook had just turned 20, and despite his hyungs' protests, he had wanted to visit a club. since jimin was a regular visitor, he had agreed to bring him. on the account that he doesn't accept drinks from strangers, of course. after all, in the heat of the night, no one knows what drugs you'd unknowingly be taking.

the loud chatter and intoxicating alcohol odour hit them almost instantly. leading jungkook to his favourite spot, jimin had ordered 2 drinks for them. jungkook's alcohol tolerance was unknown, but jimin had had this drink before and he knew he would be there for jungkook in case the younger one got drunk.

as jungkook's eyes sparkled with curiousity and excitement at all the boisterous activity around them, jimin couldn't help but smile.

"seems like you really like such places." he commented, taking a sip of his cocktail.

jungkook's eyes widened immediately as he raised his hands as if to deny. "n-no! i just think it's interesting."

"i know." jimin paused. "but will you want to come back again?"

"nah, just wanted to see what all the fuss is about. i doubt this is the kind of place for me. i don't really like the idea of dancing my mind away to be honest."

jimin nudged him playfully. "woah woah. our jungkookie has really grown up, huh?"

before jungkook could reply, jimin's phone lit up, capturing both of their attention. as jimin picked it up, jungkook focused on the music that was straight out blasting. it wasn't very nice, in his opinion, but most of the youngsters seemed to be enjoying it.

a minute later, jimin tapped on his shoulder and pointed to the washroom sign. "be right back." he mouthed.

jungkook nodded and sank back into his seat, taking sips from his glass every now and then while observing the crowd. when half an hour passed and jimin still wasn't back, worry bubbled at the pit of jungkook's stomach. he wasn't sure if the churning was worsened by the alcohol or not.

when 5 more minutes had passed by and there was still no sign of jimin, jungkook left his seat and made his way towards the washroom. what greeted him, however, were rows after rows of empty stalls. there were only a few other occupants at the sink area, all of whom jungkook didn't recognise.

"weird..." jungkook muttered as he made his way out again. by then, the alcohol was really getting to his head. fresh air, he thought. i need fresh air.

as he made his way to the rooftop, drunk and wasted people occasionally bumped into him. as the exit sign loomed ahead of him, relief rose. he could finally get out of this cramped place that was starting to make him sweat buckets.

the rooftop was quiet, empty. it was understandable, however, as a freezing gust of wind hit jungkook in the face. a shiver went through him but he had never been so glad to be able to inhale fresh air. as he gulped it down hungrily, a sudden sound of metal clanking against the ground caught his attention.

when curiosity got the better of him, jungkook crept along the walls, hiding in the shadows that danced in sync with the flickering lamps. both his head and heart were pounding furiously, but being a boy who feared nearly nothing, his steps never faltered.

he rounded the corner and the scene that greeted him was horrifying. to him, at least.

an all too familiar figure was dragging a short metal pole, letting it scrape across the cold, concrete floor. his back was facing jungkook, but jungkook would recognise him anywhere.

what the hell was jimin doing there?

the walk with the metal pole towards a boy, much younger than jungkook, was almost menacing. under the faint moonlight, the young boy's features could barely be seen, but jungkook was sure he hadn't seen him before. he was huddled on the ground, not daring to even look up at jimin.

a familiar ringtone rang, piercing through the silence and causing jungkook to jump. thankfully, he made no noise. jimin stopped in his tracks and pressed the phone against his ear.

a few seconds passed as he listened. "... by 21st march?"

after a few more murmurs that were too low for jungkook to make sense of them, jimin pocketed his phone. taking a few more steps, he was now towering over the boy.

he pulled the tip of his cap down, raised the metal pole -

jungkook's breath hitched in his throat.

- and swung it.

a/n; idek anymore wHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS OMG

btw, wtf @ the mm. tHE OTHERS DIDN'T EVEN DO IT HE'S SO EXTRA DAUIIWDHIQUJA