never

+jungkook

"oh shit!"

my thumbs pressed the game controller's buttons furiously with my eyes glued on the screen. a few seconds passed before a huge 'YOU LOSE' appeared on the TV, making me groan and fling the controller onto the bed, not caring where it landed.

it was already past midnight but i was still feeling pretty energetic. deciding that i had had enough games for the day, i headed to the kitchen, my feet padding across the marble floor. after grabbing a packet of chips, i was about to make my way back to my room when i realized the house was deadly silent. the three of us — me, taehyung, and jimin — stayed together. taehyung, i knew, was at his parents' tonight. jimin, however, had nothing on today. his room, which would usually still be lit at this timing, was dark.

maybe he's asleep, i thought.

tearing the packet of barbeque flavoured ruffles open, i made a beeline for the window at the living room and allowed the cool breeze to caress my face. the park below was deserted, the only sounds being the rustle of leaves and the occasional cricket chirps. just as i was popping the snack into my mouth, my roaming gaze caught a familiar figure with his back facing me. jimin.

he was talking to another guy about the same age as us, both of them clad in ripped jeans and black leather jackets. jimin was in all black, while the other guy had a plain white shirt underneath his outerwear. a black cap sat snugly on the other guy's head, casting a shadow over half of his face and obscuring my view of his features. jimin stood unnaturally still, while the guy talked with what seemed like urgency. even his stance was starting to become predatory as he tapped his foot impatiently. 

suddenly the guy froze.

i frowned and squinted to get a better bearing of what was going on. it wasn't until jimin stepped back that i caught sight of a patch of red spreading rapidly on the guy's shirt, the colour sharply contrasting to the white. his lips were pressed into a thin line as he tried, desperately, to stop the blood from pouring out of his wound. an air of confusion and betrayal surrounded him. 

and in the latter's hand, a knife that reflected the moonlight hung loosely. one that had crimson red droplets dripping off the tip of it. 

my mind shouted 'run, you idiot!', but my limbs would have none of it. i stayed rooted to my spot, the bag of chips clutched in my tightly balled-up fists. i let out a breath that i didn't know i was holding, hoping desperately that jimin couldn't see the visible puff of air.

as if on cue, his head twitched and i ducked down immediately. my heart raced frantically as i gulped. i knew i was fast, but—

— i swear his dark eyes met mine. 

a/n; jimin wtf.