And the Shoe Drops

I was dozing in a cozy cocoon of warmth provided by Nathan's strong chest and arms that were curled around me when I heard the distant buzzing. Nathan stirred beside me and gently removed one of his arms and fetched his phone from the nightstand. I heard him mumble a sleepy 'Hello' followed by a 'Shit. No.' which was then followed by a 'Fuck. Five minutes.'

"Sang. Peanut. I've gotta go. Academy. Kota's coming over." Nathan whispered, his lips tracing my ears and starting up a trail of soft kisses until his lips met mine. He kissed me sweetly and gently moved back.

"Mmm." I mumbled, too tired to give a proper response.

He moved away from me and got off the bed. I was hit with a blast of cool air when he moved back the covers, but he put them back quickly and tucked me in. I curled up in the warmth before it could all escape and dozed off again.

The air shifted around me and I breathed in the scent of spice.

"Kota" I sleepily greeted him.

"Hi sweetie. Go back to sleep." He kissed my brow and settled beside me underneath the covers.

I turned towards him and laid my hand on his chest. His fingers curled around my palm in a strong hold and I drifted back to sleep.

When I woke up, the sun was up and light filtered in through the windows. Something felt strange to me and I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was.

I sat up on the bed and my hand slipped from Kota's and I realised what it was. Kota was still asleep. He hadn't even stirred which was very unusual. He usually woke up early and before I did.

I placed my fingers against his bare chest to nudge him awake when I felt that it was quite warm. I placed my palm against my forehead and then against his. He was running a temperature. I contemplated calling Dr. Green, not wanting to inconvenience him if it wasn't that serious. If it was simply a fever, I believed I could take care of it myself, however I didn't want to risk anything. Just to be on the safe side I decided to send him a text.

Sang: Good morning Dr. Green. I don't want to worry you, but Kota seems to be running a light fever. You don't have to come or anything, I'm certain I can manage taking care of his needs, but I wanted to let you know just in case. Have a good day and take care of yourself.

When I didn't receive a reply from him in a few minutes I decided to go and get started with the day. He was probably busy at the hospital and would get back to me when he could. I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and washed my face, and proceeded into the kitchen.

After preparing a light breakfast of some fruits and a glass of juice I grabbed some medicine and carried it all to Kota. Placing it all on the nightstand, I leant over him and gently nudged him.

"Kota. Wake up. Have some breakfast and medicine and then go back to sleep."

He stirred and slowly blinked awake, looking confused. Spotting his glasses on the nightstand, I handed them over and repeated myself.

He sat up, looked around himself and reached over for his phone. Likely, to get started with some work he had planned for the day. I stopped him midway and took his hand in mine.

"Don't. You've got a fever and I've already texted Dr. Green. I'm certain Mr. Blackbourne has already heard, but even so I was planning to call him after getting some food and medicine in you. Now please eat something and go back to sleep. Don't worry about anything." I softly pleaded with him.

He opened his mouth to protest, and I placed a finger against his lips. "Please." I kissed his brow.

"Okay." He sighed, looking reluctant.

He managed to eat half of the fruits I prepared and swallowed the medicine with a big gulp of the juice.

He unwillingly got back into bed after having me promise to wake him up in an hour. Ofcourse, this was a promise I would not feel a bit guilty about breaking. He must have been feeling really bad if he'd done this much without much argument.

When I finished cleaning up and took a look at my phone, I noticed I had one missed call and a couple of text messages. The missed call and one message was from Mr. Blackbourne and the other messages were from Dr. Green and the boys.

I felt my heart flutter when I saw I'd missed the call from Mr. Blackbourne. I opened the messages and read them quickly.

Mr. Blackbourne: Good morning Ms. Sorenson. Dr. Green has informed me that Mr. Lee has a fever. Please tell him on my behalf that he should focus on recovery and that I'll be taking care of everything on his end. Do let me know of his progress and if there is anything that you, or he may need. Take care of him, and yourself.

Dr. Green: Good morning Pookie! Sorry I'm a bit late with my reply I was a tad busy at the hospital. And don't you worry you're cute little butt about me, you did good telling me about it. Give kota some paracetamol and have him drink plenty of fluids. If you notice he has any other symptoms let me know. This is a bit worrying seeing as Victor and Gabriel also seem to have a fever and Silas seems to be having headaches and nausea. Perhaps there's a flu going around though I haven't heard of it yet. I'm thinking we should all gather up at Victor's house. If they're all sick it would be easier to treat them all at one place. Nathan will take you over to Victor's after his mission and Luke and North will take Silas and Gabriel there. I'll go over after my shift and we can play doctor and nurse together. Now you take care of yourself and don't go getting sick or I'll end up with Owen being my nurse and he's not nearly as cute as you.

North: Baby, I heard Kota's sick and you're playing nurse. Are you okay? Do you feel sick at all? Now don't lie to me Sang baby. If you so much as sneeze tell me right away. Don't pretend or anything. I'll see you soon baby.

Gabriel: Trooouuubleee. It's not fucking faaair. I'm sick too. Be my nurse trouble. Come take care of me and pamper me. Kota that lucky fucker. Just because he lives close by. Ugh. I want my trouble!

Victor: Good morning princess. I hear you're coming over with Kota and Nathan. I miss you but I'm not so sure you should be around while so many of us are sick. Take care not to get sick, princess.

Nathan: Peanut, I'll be there to pick up you and Kota in around an hour. You should probably pack up some stuff to take to Vic's place. I have a feeling we'll be there for a while. Take care. I miss you.

Luke: Hey cupcake! I heard you're playing nurse today. Almost makes me wish I was sick too. It'd be worth it if you played nurse for me. Alas! It is not to be! How about you and I just cuddle up together infront of the others though. Aah yes. They won't be able to do that since they're sick! It's perfect!

Silas: Aggele Mou, are you alright? Everyone seems to be getting sick today but atleast I'll see you. Tell me if you feel sick. See you soon.

All the texts overwhelmed me. I replied to Mr. Blackbourne telling him that there is nothing I currently need and that I'm taking care of Kota and myself just fine. Then, I reply to Dr. Green and tell him that I've had Kota eat something and given him the medicine and that I haven't noticed any other symptoms. I reply to the boys that I'm completely fine, Dr. Green gave me a shot just a few days ago after I had a bit of a fever and to take care of themselves and that I'll see them soon.

Hearing that so many of the boys are sick, and all together was worrying me a lot. I quickly packed up some of my things and go check on Kota. He was still deeply asleep and his fever hadn't gone down or up.

I pushed my finger against my lip and waited for Nathan to pick us up. I was going out of my mind with worry and I was startled when I heard footsteps near the door. The door opened and Nathan came in. I hadn't even realised that so much time had passed by and I'd just been sitting on the bed doing nothing.

"Hey Peanut. Let's go. You grab whatever you need and keep the doors open for me. I'll help Kota out and into the car."

I did as he bade and we were all safely buckled in the car and on our way to Victor's estate.