Chapter 13: Into Her Mind

-=+=- The Key -=+=-

Y/n= Your Name
L/N= Last Name
T/N= Title Name
H/N= Horse Name
H/C= Hair Colour
E/C= Eye Colour
V/N= Village Name
F/C= Favourite Colour

~~~ That's all you really need to know right now, there will be more added later. :3 ~~~
(P.S. There will probably be mild swearing, so you have been WARNED!)

Y/N's P.O.V
I jolted up, beads of sweat dripped off the side of my face. I was breathing heavily. It was just a dream... I sighed. But the truth was, it wasn't. That was a while ago when I was 4. My parents abandoned me and I was to suffer alone. What I don't remember is why I killed my best friend's family. Nothing came to mind when I tried to think about it. Like it was torn from my brain, like it was a piece of paper being torn from a book. The one thing I knew that I killed Garroth's family. I know he's here. He lives in this village. But he doesn't remember me. That's probably better. If he knew who I was, he would be taking his anger out on me. Surely he remembers my name. I mean no one knows, but he was my best friend and I was naive and told him my name. Once I calmed down, I looked around. I'm at Lucinda's house... Again...? My eyes widened. I touched the top of my head and I felt the soft fabric. I sighed in relief. Good I still have my hood on... Then I heard the click of the door. The doorknob twisted and it opened, revealing a witch with orangey ginger hair. The witch was, Lucinda.

"Hello, The T/N." She said calmly. I nodded my salutations. "Are you feeling alright...?" I nodded. "Well there's a matter of business I need to ask you." I stayed silent but looked at her. She closed the door behind her and pulled a small brown chair beside the bed. She sat down and looked at me. "I know this is sudden, but have you ever associated with any shadows; like any shadow knights or some sort of shadow...?" I didn't move or say anything. "Please tell me. If you do, I will do everything I can to help you."

"I don't need your help. The only person who helps me, is myself." I said as I got out of the bed and walked out the door. I heard a cry from Lucinda pleading for me to come back. I just ran off. I didn't need to talk about some crap that didn't matter. If I knew what was wrong with me, I would already know to cure it. I may be a bad person but I'm a smart one. I spent my time studying different kinds of sicknesses and how to treat them, so if I ever get it I know how to take care of it myself. I walked out of her house and jumped on to the platforms formed as a bridge over the river. I started walking when a cry made me start to slightly walk faster. A few footsteps turned into many steps. I was being chased. A few of the footsteps grew louder. A hand grabbed for my wrist. I dodged and started to run. I didn't know why but I had to get away. I guess I didn't want to answer all the questions

"The T/N! Stop! We want to help!" Aphmau yelled.

"No one helps me but me!" I yelled back.

"Stop telling yourself that! You can't do everything yourself! Let people help you!"

"I can! And I will until the last breath I take!" Tears formed in my eyes. Tears...? It's been a while... But why now...? What made these people so special that allow me to show my emotions....? I held them in. So many people want to help me already and I don't need any more comfort. I ran faster and faster. So fast that I almost left a streak of F/C. They're catching up... I need to go faster... I tried to run some more, but my vision got hazier. Soon everything came to a blur. Then I tripped on a rock but fortunately someone caught me. My vision had gone worse so I couldn't tell who it was. I was about to pass out. Not again...

Lucinda's P.O.V
As The T/N made a run for it, Aphmau saw her.

"Aphmau! Stop her!" I called. She nodded and signaled her guards to come. The started to chase her and I followed. She needs to stop. She didn't get enough rest. If she goes on any more, she will faint and she might use up too much energy, which will lead to a 2 month coma. Then something bad happened that I couldn't afford. The T/N fainted and Dante caught her. I cursed.

"Dante take her back to my house!" I told him. He nodded and obeyed. When  we got to my house he dropped her on a bed and I went to work. If she won't listen in the real world then I must talk to her in her dreams. I found a potion and told Aphmau and the others what I was going to do.

"Let us come! We can help!" Aphmau pleaded.

"No. I can't afford that. With this many people I might not get any information. I can only take 2 others." I concluded.

"If that's what you say then take myself and Garroth." Aphmau said.  I nodded.

"If that's what you want." I poured the potion into three little cups.

"Dante. Laurance. Aaron. When  we drink this we will fall into a deep sleep. Make sure nothing happens to us or The T/N." They nodded.

"Hey why no me!?" Travis whined.

"You already know the answer to that." I said. I gave Aphmau and Garroth the potion and we all drank it. Here we go...