Part 14

A/N* 

"One reason that people have artist’s block is that they do not respect the law of dormancy in nature. Trees don’t produce fruit all year long, constantly. They have a point where they go dormant. And when you are in a dormant period creatively, if you can arrange your life to do the technical tasks that don’t take creativity, you are essentially preparing for the spring when it will all blossom again.” —Marshall Vandruff

I found this quote the other day and well that's just it, isn't it? I feel as though it speaks more volumes then any long rant I could write out myself. I'm truly sorry for my dormance and I am so thank ful for those of you who are still here and loyal to this story. I hope you like this part 

- Ella xx

---

I look to the title that is written a dark scrawl across the top of the page and this time it takes just a moment for it to turn from a foreign language to something I can understand with ease. “Ut Panimo Inruk Lupus” I murmur aloud, ‘the Pure White Werewolf’. This can’t be about me, can it? But then again why else would she ask me to read this? I shake my head and continue on.

***

My hands are shaking as I finish reading the last line of the section. Every detail, every pondering thought, every prediction...is so familiar. How can someone have written this hundreds of years ago? How can someone have never set eyes on me and yet known so much about who I am? There’s no doubt, it has to have been about me. No matter how much I want to cling to any pieces of denial I still have, I know that it’s pointless. It couldn’t be about anyone else. But there were also so many things about my future, my destiny... so many things that I’m meant to be and do and I just don’t know if I can live up to them. What happens if I can’t live up to them? Fucking hell, wasn’t this meant to make things simpler? I look to Shiriah who’s standing across from me with a sympathetic smile, as tears brim in my eyes and I go to speak but nothing comes out of my mouth.

“Shhh” she hushes, walking to stand beside me “Do not be frightened by destiny, it doesn’t change anything; it’s always been there, you just haven’t known about it”

“But how...?” I choke out and she wraps her arms around me.

“It’ll be alright young one” she murmurs softly and I lean into her shoulder for comfort. “At least you know more about yourself, you know why you have these powers and about the ones that are to come”

“I’ve never been told this before, have I?” I murmur

“No, I don’t believe you have”

“But Cole, he knew?” I realize aloud pulling back from her and whipping the few stray tears with my thumb.

“Yes, he did” she nods and I nod to myself in acceptance. Of course he had to have known. But why keep it from me? For how long has he held this secret? Who else knows? Question after question circle my head and somehow I know Shiriah won’t be able to answer them.

“Don’t go off to question your secretive Alpha just yet, I have something else to show you”

“Something else?” I question. How the fuck can there be more?

“Yes, there is another legend that I think you should read.” She pulls another thicker book from across the table to rest in front of me. “This one is much more well known” she flips a few pages and then taps her finger on a title “read” she says and once again walks back around the other side of the table. I read line after line and as each one passes my left fist clenches a little more. How can this be? Everything was already up in the air but now it’s messy and chaotic and swirling around my head. I finish the last line of the legend with a heavy sigh, Cole also has a destiny, one I’m sure he’s known of for a long time and yet once again has kept close to his chest for reasons that I don’t know. I look over to Shiriah who’s omitting waves of understanding and reassurance.