YouTube

Jessie's POV

I reached for my phone the moment I woke. Dialing a number I know too well. Hoping, wishing the nightmare I just had was not real. I waited for the ringing. One. Two. Three.

"Yes?" His sleepy voice sent the shivers down my spine. The weight from my heart had lifted.

"Jack! You're alright." I say, returning the sleepy talk.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I could see his smile even though I could not see it in person.

"Well you never called..."

"I'm so sorry Jessie, I fell asleep and now that you've called I just... Yeah, forgot." The smile on his face was disappearing, and the weight just started to slowly drop again.

"I worried about you, and I sort of had a bad dream so I had to call to make sure it wasn't real." I started to chuckle realising how pathetic I sounded.

"Well it gives me an excuse to talk to you." He replied. I was suddenly not tired anymore. I sat up straight in my bed giggling happily to myself.

We sat talking for hours, until we both eventually had to get ready for school. First day. Yay. I had about an hour, I was dressed and fed. All I needed to do was brush my teeth. But I decided to look through my old photos first. I saw one of me and Jack... Smiled at it. And went through to my mums room. No surprise she wasn't here. I went through her jewellery and took her locket. The printer was already turned on and my phone was linked with it so I printed the photo off, quite small and placed it inside her locket.

******

"Alright class." My teacher who I now know as Mrs Murray said. "This is our new pupil, Jessica-"

"It's just Jessie..." I say politely.

"Sorry, Jessie." She smiled at me. "She has came all the way from London. Please be nice and welcome her."

She told me to sit next to this girl at the back of the class. She is pretty. She has long black hair and I think she's Chinese. Victoria I think her name is. We both shared a few jokes and we seemed to really hit it off for new friends. The class was dismissed and we both walked out the class.

"This is a big school..." I say to her looking around the hall.

"You'll get used to it. It won't be small in a year or two, you'll just feel too used to it I guess." She laughed. She has a cute laugh, just like her appearance.

"So where do people go for break?" I ask.

"Well most people go to this place we called the quad, but me and my friends go to the max."

"That's weird... That's what my school called all the terms too. Me and my friends went to the quad. Good times..." I start trailing off. Remembering everything.

We continued talking, walking to the max. It's quite scary. Being in such a big school like this, so many people around and so many are so tall. Then there's me, tiny. Victoria, just a little smaller.

"Hey girls, this is Jess, she just moved here from London." She introduced me.

"Hey!" All the voices say in unison.

"Hi." My English accent seems so posh compared to their Scottish one. I know I have all these new friends here... But I can't stop thinking about the ones I have at home and I can't help but think if they're thinking about me.

Jack's POV

Double maths seemed to be going so slow. I have nobody to talk to. There was Darcie... But she is very quiet and doesn't seem to give any answers apart from yes or no. I was temped to try and move seats but I'm not sure I would get way with that. I am starting to struggle with nobody here to help me. And I'm starting to think my dyslexia is becoming stronger. Thoughts are starting to fill my head. Jumbling everything up and starting to get all stressed and flustered. I am sure someone asked me if I am alright but the stress in my ears were blocking everything out. I walked out the class and into the quad.

"Jack?" I heard a sweet voice say. For a minute I thought it were Jessie but i dismissed the thought. I felt an arm go around me.

"Yes?" I ask a little agitated moving their arm away.

"It's only me... Kat."

"Oh, hey Kat." I say.

"What's up? The bell's only just went and your already out here?" She asked.

"Yeah, I've been struggling."

"With what?"

Jessie. "Maths." I reply with.

"Right... I've been struggling with 'maths' too."

"Hard isn't it? Trying to make c squared with only a and no b." I try and make a stupid Pythagoras joke but it just sounds lame...

Kat just nods. Giving me a hug. Today is not going to be a good day.

"Hey Jack, how's it going?" Gavin comes up and asks.

"All good, it's all good. You?" I ask with a smile.

"I'm grand." Gavin said enthusiastically. Probably sarcastically but I was too busy looking at my feet. I have been finding them more interesting in the past five minutes.

I got home at the end of the day feeling dead. Sometimes I wished I didn't stay up all night on the phone for sleep reasons. I opened up my laptop and opened up YouTube. One of the people I am subscribed to had posted a video. I recognised the name but not the person. I clicked on it and my mood lightened. Laughing the whole way through it. Shocked at everything I saw. Glad she already had a friend and the courage to put this up. It probably wasn't her that put it up and when she finds it she'll kill the girl. But I'm glad it's up. I can see her, through a screen, but she is on it.

The girls username was 'JessBess229' and the girls in it were Jess and a girl called Victoria. I'm knew Finn set Jessie up a YouTube but I never thought she'd ever post a video. The video was a video star to a song Jessie loved. Hot n cold.

It already seemed to have 1,000 views.