minutes after yoongi's encounter with taehyung on the rooftop, the two boys exchanged phone numbers so they could talk more about their date on friday – brief smiles being transferred alongside their conversation.

jimin watched them in envy, upset that he couldn't make yoongi smile the way that the younger boy did – a frown visible on his face as he heard his hyung laugh from the other side of the rooftop.

yoongi had bid taehyung good bye with a wave after a while, as he returned back to where he was sitting with jimin prior. once the older male had sat back down, jimin attacked yoongi with a series of questions about what had happened with taehyung.

"we switched numbers to talk about our date on friday," yoongi stated simply, shrugging cooly as he picked up a small white dumpling; acting as if what just happened wasn't that big of a deal.  "taehyung said he'll text me first, so i'll be waiting for that text soon enough."

jimin sighed, "hyung, do you really think this is a good idea? i mean, one second ago, he asked you out on impulse to save himself. after a short apology, you forgive him and go out with him? it doesn't sound right..."

"you're just jealous, jimin." yoongi rolled his eyes, "it's alright though, because soon enough – you'll get laid!"

"i'm not jealous, you idiot." jimin mumbled, frowning at the accusation. his small fingers played with the strings of the oversized hoodie resting upon his body, trying anything to distract himself with what was going on between yoongi and taehyung.

"you know what," the older male boldly started, whipping out a silver iphone from his blue jeans, "i'll text him right now! i'll show him who tops."

"ew. you guys aren't even together but you're already saying who tops?" jimin shook his head in disgust at the other, attempting to hide the sullen look on his face.

yoongi just nodded and opened up the imessage app to starting a new conversation – selecting taehyung's number as the receiver of his texts. the blond boy took a deep breath, before typing up his first message.

yoongi: hey, it's yoongi (ू˃̣̣̣̣̣̣︿˂̣̣̣̣̣̣ ू)

he sent the message with a sigh of relief, impatiently tapping his fingers on jimin's thigh as he waited for a response from the younger boy he texted. surprisingly, taehyung replied within the next minute.

taehyung: yo yo wassup

taehyung: oh yeah, if you didn't already know this is taehyung :))

yoongi: yah i'm not stupid ??

taehyung: i know i know omg

taehyung: did you want to talk about the date on friday ?

yoongi: yeah ¿?

yoongi: i mean, if you want to then we can ??

taehyung: aha we can !!

taehyung: but before that, i have to tell u something

yoongi: . . . go ahead ?

taehyung: i think we have to reschedule the date, because i totally forgot that i'm busy studying for exams this friday

yoongi: aw

yoongi: what day would be good for u then ??

taehyung: most likely, the thursday after exam week, like the 9th of june

yoongi: so in two weeks?

taehyung: yeah, sorry baby :((( 💖

taehyung: i'll make the date gr8 to make it up to u !

yoongi: you better

taehyung: was that a threat wtf

yoongi: maybe

yoongi: what if it was?

taehyung: idek tbh

taehyung: lunch is almost over so i gotta eat

taehyung: text u later baby boy

yoongi: wtf you have no right to call me that 😤

yoongi: and i'm older than you ??

taehyung: babe just let me live

yoongi: what is up with these horrible pet names

yoongi: i'm getting cancer because of this 😔👋🏻

taehyung: im sorry

taehyung: not

taehyung: :)

taehyung: but i gtg eat so ttyl !! 😚

yoongi: aight

yoongi: talk to ya later taehyung

yoongi was too busy texting taehyung that he didn't even notice jimin pack up the remains of his lunch and leave the rooftop with his belongings, leaving the older male up there alone.

+

sorry if this was
horrible, it's
nearly 1am and i
have to wake up in
less than 4 hours for
school – so my mind
isn't in the best
condition to be
writing at this time :')