Chapter 19 : Luhan's Advise

Haneul's apartment. Xiumin's POV.

My eyes shot up, looking around the room to find it empty. Not a sound was heard all throughout the apartment. I rose from my made-up bed of pillows, walking in all four legs to search for Haneul's presence. It..It was a dream? But if it was then.. I shouldn't have any reason to black out so suddenly. And the voice of Haneul.. it seemed way too surreal to be a dream. I exit the bedroom to find the house eerily quiet.

I sat out the open terrace, looking down the streets where people were busy diluted in their own worlds. It's Thursday today.. I forgot, it seems that Haneul has work today as well. I look back at the coffee table to see that the contract was still in one piece and not shredded into bits by me. I can't get that dream off of my head, could it be some kind of vision that's telling me of some alternate past that's bound to happen if I make one mistake? or could it be because I've been over thinking about the whole thing..?

...

Haneul's POV.

"Are you okay, Haneul-yah?" I look up to find Jihyun with her face inches away from mine. I took a step back out of surprise. "G-Geez! You could have just called out to me. Aigo, you really scared me." I gibber, wiping the table tops clean with a towel. Hyunseok knocks on my head once, also with the same oddball expression that Jihyun is portraying.

"Alright, what's going on you two?" I finally ask. "Well, it's not us that has a problem. It's simply you that has one." says Jihyun as a matter-of-factly. I look down, seeing some of my reflection from the glass I was holding. "..Well, remember all those stuff I told you about when I was still living in that farm house?" "Yeah." They both said clearly.

I look up at both of them, eyes with a determined look as I spoke. "I'm.. I'm planning on selling it." Jihyun was the first to react with an audible gasp coming out from her mouth. "N-No way.. Are you serious right now? Wasn't that the sole motivation of working so hard all this time?" "Y-Yeah, Haneul-yah! You cherished that house you spent with your family that lived there their whole life. Why give it away so easily?" says Hyunseok.

I felt the pressure weigh in on me. "I just.. don't think I could keep holding on too long onto that house. I mean," I place a strand of her behind my ear, "I love my life here in Seoul.. With Jihyun, Hyunseok, and even Taeho. I've meet such wonderful people.. even the boss who would seldom give me extra work to do here. Just thinking about going back to that farm house feels so lonely.. Not that Haru isn't enough, I just feel that.. I've grown to like everyone and feel that somehow they're now my family."

I felt like my throat go dry after saying a mouthful all out once, tears start streaming down my face as Hyunseok and Jihyun gathered around me to give me a warm embrace. They comforted me well enough to start working again. Even though I have been staying here for only months, I know for sure that this is where I am supposed to belong. And maybe Taeho is right.. if I stay, maybe there's a chance in meeting my prince once more.

...

After work hours. Evening. CAFE LEC.

"Are you sure you're fine walking? Hyunseok brought in his car today, we could drop you off in your apartment if you want." says Jihyun with a kind offer at hand. I deny their request, "It's okay. I'm fine using the bus. You guys take care, okay?" Hyunseok drives by in front with his Civic. He rolls down the window with a palm raised for a farewell. "Oh, are you going to take the bus again, Haneul-yah?"

I bob my head once, "Yeah.. I'm just going to clear my mind for a bit." Jihyun, who was nearest to me, swoop me into a surprising hug. "If anything happens just let us know, okay? We're just one phone call away after all." I gave out the most positive smile I could send them, and soon after, they were gone down the empty street.