Chapter 9 : One Step Closer

"L-Luhan.. Are you sure about this? I-I don't think I'm ready to meet Xiumin oppa's parents yet. I-I mean I haven't even met Xiumin myself. I--" "Oh relax, Haneul-ah! Besides, I already drove both of us here. It'll be a shame if we came here for nothing. Think of it as, meeting your in-laws." He contently laughs.

I pinch his arm, blushing furiously. "A-Anyway! Can you kindly tell me what's up, huh? Bringing me here all of a sudden.." He swiftly parks his car by the side, keenly watching out for the sharp rocks by the sides. "You don't have to know the little details, Haneul-ah. But there's just one thing I want you to know." 

I let out a defeated sigh, "And what is that, Luhan?" He smirks, cutting off the engine of the vehicle. "Don't.. tell them that I've been keeping contact with Xiumin, alright?" I cock my head to the side, unlocking myself from the seatbelt. "Huh? Then that means they don't know about you having contact with Xiumin?"

Soon we exit his car, breathing in the fresh air of the countryside. "Sorta. And for your curious information, I'm doing this for everyone's sake. So if you really love Xiumin oppa, then promise me that you'll keep it hidden, alright?" 

My eyebrows furrrow as I think of my answer, but seeing as if Luhan knows best about the situation. I'm sure I could trust him well enough as to agree to his words. I nod firmly, "A-Alright then. I trust you." 

Luhan. What the hell are you planning now! You know very well I hate visiting my parents.. (Yeah, I know. But that's not the case right now, I want you to know.. how they're doing now.) Xiumin kept quiet, following from behind them as they walk up the quaint front steps of the average house that stood in front of them.

Luhan rings the doorbell, after a few seconds, the door opens to reveal a man around his fifties, hair swept back smartly. "Oh, Luhan. What brings you here?" The man fixes his stare at me, I tilt my head down for a bow. "And who is this girl with you? Your girlfriend?" 

Luhan shakes his head, grinning. "EXO-M will be staying here for three weeks. I thought I'd check up on the both of you. And no, Mr. Kim. She's, let's say, an important friend of mine." M-Mr. Kim? Then that means.. He's Xiumin's Father! I tilt my head down for an even longer bow, "H-Hello! It's nice to meet you, Mr. Kim. M-My name is Haneul." 

I peek at his expression, he slightly makes a small smile under those invisible wrinkles. "It's nice to meet you too, Haneul." Mr. Kim glances back at Luhan, "Come on in. I'm sure it was very troublesome of you two to have come all the way here from Seoul."

Luhan then points down, "Then is Haneul's dog allowed to enter? He's very well-tamed and is very clean." Mr. Kim flicks his attention down to Haru, exchanging blank looks at one another. "He does seem rather behave.. Alright, he could come in as well." The three of them enter the cozy house, feeling the rich oak scent that the walls give off.

Luhan takes his seat down the couch, patting the available space beside him for me to position myself. Upon taking my seat, a chubby woman around her fifties enters the room with a tray filled with biscuits and tea. She places it down on the coffee table in front. 

"I'm sorry if this is the only snacks I've come to prepare. We're rather busy at the moment you see.." says the woman, genuinely remorseful about her words. Luhan shakes his head, nibbling with a biscuit, "It's more than enough, Mrs. Kim. After all, we are the one's that suddenly came for a visit without informing you. Mianhae." 

She makes a tiny smile, lifting wrinkles on her forehead. "You're very polite as always, Luhan," Her round eyes caught my stare, "And who might this woman be? Your girlfriend?" Luhan blushses, putting a hand at the back of his nape, "Hahaha! You and Mr. Kim do share the same conclusions. Her name is Haneul, she's an important friend of mine."