Chapter 14 : Mental Breakdown

Dog Pound. Late Evening. Haneul's POV.

"W-Wait! Where are you taking my dog! H-Hey!!" I yell, being held back by Taeho as they proceed to cage in poor Haru who seems to be voicing out a more powerful bark than what he was releasing right now. I felt my heart tremble the slightest as I watch my best friend get threaten to even get near the iron bars. I shove Taeho away, "W-Why would you do this to Haru! He doesn't deserve to be inside this jail! I demand that you release him at once!"

Taeho bites his lips, and with no other actions said and done, he pulls me into a tight embrace. "P-Please, Haneul. You must understand that your dog has done something unforgivable." He stares right into my eyes, washing me with his seriousness as he caress a finger on the scratch mark. "Look what he has done to you, Haneul. Can't you see? A wild dog is still a wild dog. No matter how much you train it, it will still end up being crazy!"

I shake my head like my life depended on it. "What are you talking about, Taeho! You knew right from the beginning it was only just an accident! And it was my fault for having this scar on my face right now, it was because I tried to interrupt Haru from even biting you!" "That's exactly my point, Haneul! He attacks people! He is a dangerous dog, and if I let him stay with you any longer, who knows what the consequences in the future hold!"

I look away in a hurry, "I-I don't care if he does hurt me. I wouldn't care since he's not that type of dog that would do something so dangerous as that. I-I believe that he did that for some reason.." Taeho plasters a dumbfound look, "And what reason would that be?" I shift my attention to him, glowering a bit as I spoke. "I-I.. I think he was trying to protect me from something. I would know since he has been taking care of me ever since I found him. T-That's why no matter what you say about Haru, there's no way I'd let you take him away from me.."

Taeho watch as I spill tears down my left eye, directing my whole gaze at him until he finally gave in to my simple and hopeful request. He sighs, "Okay, fine. But don't expect that he could come home with you tonight. Since there were people around the area where he attacked, they might have filed a huge complaint. He'll probably out after a couple days or a week at most."

I nod my head, glancing back at Haru who sat completely still with our eyes connecting. "Okay.. If one week is what it takes, then I'll wait for him to be released.." Taeho smiles, messing up my hair. "That's a good girl. Well anyway, since most of the restaurants are probably close by now, let's go and get some drive through and get you back home, sounds good?" I finally put up a frail smile. "Alright.."

...

The next day. Early Morning. Xiumin's POV.

Luhan rushes in the dog pound, leaving the curious sasaengs outside to deal with the guards. The people inside the pound didn't even question why an idol is even visiting such a place in the first place, instead, they stand and watch with awe as Luhan enter the room where Haru resides.

My head automatically lifts itself up the floor as Luhan hastily enters the room with a solemn look. I stand on four limbs, itching to get out this forsaken hell hole. (Luhan! God! You don't know how happy I am to see you right now! Hurry up and get me the hell out of here before I go completely insane!)

Luhan glances back at the officer by the door. "Hey, can you do me a favour and release this dog?" The officer takes on good look at me and disappointedly shakes his head. "Afraid I can't do that, sir. This here dog has offended a citizen last night, that dog is to be remained in bars for a week. Besides, it seems its owner still wants him."

"It doesn't matter. Hurry up and let him out already." said Luhan, pressing his words for the officer to follow. The officer stood completely still for a moment, incapable of knowing what to do in such a situation. Finally, after a brief debate, he hesitantly opens the gate. Luhan pats the officer's back, giving out his thanks as the officer goes back to his post.