Origins

Take a step back.
And process everything.
Realize.
Everyone.
Everyone has a story.
Each person on this planet has a separate life, whether it be intertwined with yours or not.
That's why we are all different.
Differing occurrences lead to varying personalities.
One person may want to get married...while another is permanently traumatized by their parent's brutal divorce.
They do not wish to marry.
I'm serious.
Pause.
Stop running to whatever urgency you need to reach and look at another individual.
And another.
And another.
Process that they all have immensely complex backgrounds, either similar or completely contrasting from yours.
That lady with bright blue hair is actually wearing a wig. She's a cancer patient, on her last line.
That man has child he has never met.
That boy standing at the crosswalk beside him is his son. Neither of them know their relation.
"But what is he doing on the streets?" You ask.
He's running from his stepfather who is a convicted sex offender.
That stray cat has been in seven kill shelters, adopted from every one of them, but abandoned by all owners.
And look at you. You're only concerned with how you feel and your own life.
Look around and think of others for a change.
It's selfish to only care for yourself.

Everyone begins in the same place and then slowly drifts apart from one another, changing positions.
Then we elaborate on our timelines. Find out someone's origins and you will better understand one whom began a stranger.