Privilege

Look at the life you live and ask yourself what makes you happy.
A full wardrobe makes you happy?
The internet makes you happy?
Money makes you happy?
Cigarettes make you happy?
Alcohol makes you happy?
What do you want in life that you don't already have?
Money?
Attention?
Legacy?
Well someone else may feel a varying way.
But they vary from you, in lifestyle.
They don't have a roof over their head.
The don't have a bed to sleep in.
They don't have a school to go to.
They don't have a "home".
They don't have electricity, clean water, clothes, food, health, money, or friends.
Surviving makes them happy.
Living to see the sun once more is their remedy for the constant pain they endure.
And for what?
For you to want even more?
For you to have unnecessary cravings, wanting things that they couldn't even dream of having?
Look at someone other than yourself for once.
He wants to know that he won't be tied to a bomb shelter, wasting his entire life.
He wants to know that he won't die before his father that is serving in the war.
She wants to not fear being shot for showing just her ankles that are covered by shackles, anyway.
He wants to not be targeted by pedophiles.
Kidnapped four times and violated, three. Scarred forever.
She wants to see her loving mother whom was put in prison for a crime she did not commit.
He wants to see his pulse on the heart monitor proceed at a steady pace, without falling to a flat line.
She wants to not fear being raped in an alley way because she was "asking for it", wearing a school-issued uniform.
He wants freedom of choice, studying to become a veterinarian, but his family forced him to serve in the military.
She wants her consent to be acknowledged, but she has gotten use to sexual harassment, as it continues throughout her life because of her "enticing" figure.
But their simple wishes are never granted.
His father was killed in an atomic explosion after his son died from scarlet fever.
She was pelted with rocks for showing toes and brought humiliation to her family.
He was never saved from child predators. He was kidnapped, this time by a soul of no mercy.
The sex offender tortured the poor boy for months until the boy's death.
Her mother died behind prison bars, never proven innocent.
A bed sheet was placed over his head, covering his body, as the doctors cut him off from life support.
She lost her virginity at the age of 14 and was forced to raise the child of her rapist because abortion was frowned upon in her family.
The soldier was killed in action, trying to save an injured animal in a mine field.
She was violated by a man three times her age and died from the excessive alcohol he gave her in attempt of rape.
Everyone was told by the man that she seduced him into sex. Her soul will now and forever be labeled a slut.
And what are you doing?
Feeling sorry for yourself?
You are pitiful.
Pathetic.
Not because of your problems...but because of how desperate you are for attention.
Look at me!
I have issues, too!
Disgusting.
Be grateful that you live a life of privilege. Know and respect your privilege.
Are you still satisfied with who you are as a person?
If yes, then ask yourself.
"Am I lying?"
If no, then perhaps you are fine the way you are.
Perhaps.

If you are not satisfied, then consider making a change.