Chapter 2

I wake up from my nap to see the veil of the night cover Chicago in darkness, a darkness that can only harbor vile intentions, a darkness many simple people would come to fear, but not me, I go out into the veil of darkness every night and graffiti anti-Resnov propaganda, since the bombings happened earlier today guards will be posted around the city and I will have to be very careful if I am to print my art among the walls of the city, I slowly open my window and try not to let it creak and climb out, good thing I practice parkour so I can scale two stories down without breaking my legs. When I finally land down on the floor I put my mask and hoodie up and grab some bloodred spraypaint from my satchel and I lightly sprint to the old Chicago Water Tower just about a kilometer or two away from my home during my Sprint I see two groups of Shtârwhèchers marching on the main streets beside the dark alleyway I am currently striding through. I finally reach my destination so I climb up the ladder to the top and start spraying the words "Resnov Retoli is a murderer, a liar, and a thief" I look at my work with personal pleasure and proceed to climb down the ladder to see a small group of Reichandles the rebel group formed with one intention... to take down Resnov they shout "Oi! Get the back here! We want to talk to you! Stop running Damn it!" I continue to Sprint silently as they persue me, I jump into a fire escape stairway and climb to the roof of the building and then I hide behind a small crate "We know your up here kid, we don't want to hurt you!, You know that!" One of them says roughly as one turns to the crate i'm hiding behind and grabs me, they drag me out and say "Kid, we don't want to hurt you, we both want the same person to fall, don't you want to help us in propaganda? We can use someone like you, we know your family history, we worked with your parents on the mustard gas attacks." I look at them and study their masked faces, "I-i I don't want to risk my Aunts life I know what happens when you mess with Resnov, I'm sorry, trust me, I want to but I can't, my aunt is dying from Teboluk, I need to by her side..." I say truthfully "Then why aren't you with her now?" One masked man questions "Because....she's asleep" I reply One of the masked men sigh and beckon me to get out of here, but one grabs me quickly and gives me a card with an address on it "If you ever want to join us just come to this location alright?" That man says to which I reply with "umm..ok ill have to consider it...thanks?" And I scurry off to get back to the safety of my home, when I finally get back to my room I pick the card out of my pocket and inspect it, I decide that ill join them if aunt Amai dies, I lay back down in my hammock bed and rest for the next day.