11 - Ex's

After the tour of their new home, they were both famished, so they decided to have a quick brunch at Mac Donald's. It is rare for girls to adore burgers nowadays since they have become so conscious of their figures. So, they have started to survive on salad. Nonetheless, it was unusual and refreshing for Justin to see his wife not be afraid to eat food she enjoys.

'This day could not get any better; first amazing house, then Mac Donald's. This was the very first thought when Fiona entered her paradise: Mac Donald's.

"Look who we have here." Said a familiar voice.

The shock would be an understatement when she turned her face. Well, guess what? Fiona spoke too soon about this day being amazing.

She had mixed feelings. Shock, betrayal, hurt, anger, and the list goes on.

"Long time Fiona, no see. So how are you, and who this hearty hunk beside you?" She smirked and winked at Justin, to which he frowned.

She wasn't giving Justin any kind of positive vibes.

He found Fiona uncomfortable, so he replied politely, "I am Justin, her husband."

"Wow, you are married?" She asked them, clearly surprised at learning this extra information.

It doesn't take a genius to know that the mysterious girl was not expecting this answer from him.

"You have always made excellent choices in men. But I am disappointed that you didn't even ask me, your best friend, to be your bridesmaid. By the way, I am Annabelle, her best friend." She introduced.

"Justin,"

Justin could see Fiona clenching her fist.

"Annabelle, you are not my best friend anymore. You lost that right when you betrayed me."

Fiona was filled with rage. After betraying her, she had the nerve to introduce herself as her best friend to her husband. Fiona very well understood what she was implying when she said always great taste in man.

Fiona was going to retaliate further when she saw him. So they are still together... Interesting!!!

Annabelle and the guy beside her are those people who Fiona would like to erase from her life.

"Hey belle, what you do... Fiona." He spoke. The surprise was written clearly on his face. She even saw some kind of guilt.

"Hey baby, I just ran into our dear old friend and her husband. What a small world we live in." Ana told him, trying to show him off to her as it would still affect her.

"Hey, Noah. Long time no see. How have you been?" Fiona greeted him with a fake smile on her face, which caught him off guard. He did not expect her to be nice to him after what he had done, but that was who Fiona was.

"I am good. You look nice. It's been long, right? Congratulations on your marriage, by the way." He scratched his neck nervously about how to respond to her without saying anything that he shouldn't say.

"Thank you. Well, I am glad you two are still going strong."

"I... Fi..." Noah was clueless. He didn't know what to say to her.

The entire scene in front of Justin was way too confusing.

Annabelle, who claims to be Fiona's best friend, was smirking at her. The guy beside her, who Annabelle introduced as her boyfriend, was gawking at his wife. And whereas Fiona was concerned, her face was blank. It was as if she was trying to suppress her emotions. It was like she was controlling herself.

What the hell is going on? Justin didn't want to ruin their almost perfect day.

"Excuse me, guys. Sorry, but my wife and I should be going home. So, if you don't mind, could you please excuse us?" He said to them coldly. He figured that Fiona had a rocky past with them, so it was better to leave rather than create an unwanted situation.

Justin grabbed Fiona's hand and left the restaurant. Her fist was clenched, so he kept his mouth shut. After they arrived at her house, he decided to speak with her.

The whole ride was filled with unpleasant silence.

After they reached home, Fiona stormed straight into her room. He figured that she needed space. He waited patiently for her. To pass his time, he cooked for her.

Fiona was pacing in her room. She really needs to get away from Justin before she snaps. Maybe it's not that big deal, but she couldn't help it.

She knows that he has millions of questions which she needs to answer. But it still hurts to think about them. It's been over two years, but it's not that easy to forget the betrayal of your ex-best friend and ex-boyfriend.

Yes, those two people are her exes. Annabelle is her ex-best friend, and Noah is her ex-boyfriend.