3 !

kageyama couldn't keep up with the bird, and soon he was panting. he leaned over to catch his breath for not even a second, but the bird had disappeared. "maybe it went towards the cliff-woman?" he muttered quizzically, jogging towards the rock. underneath the rock woman, there was an opening to a cave of some sort. the cave was almost gem-like, the slick, black surface of it reminding him of obsidian. he heard voices and stayed hidden around the corner of the cave entrance. the one that was speaking, kageyama recognized, was the bird.

"this dark haired human was talking to me over by the fence," it said. kageyama leaned over and peeked into the cave. the bird was perched on a guy's arm. the guy was tall and built, and had long, brown hair tied up behind his head. a beard decorated his chin, and his kind eyes sparkled, reflecting the glimmer of the cave. when he spoke, his voice was deep and earthly.

"it spoke to you?" he asked, seemingly in disbelief. kageyama frowned. he didn't appreciate being called an it.

"he was asking about hinata!" the bird chirped. hinata.. that must be the ginger shrimp's name. kageyama felt better when the bird referred to him as he instead of it. the bird's head turned a sudden 180. "look! there he is!"

now that kageyama had been spotted, he figured if these beings knew where that boy - hinata - was, then he might as well introduce himself. he stepped out into the cave opening. "uhm.. hello," he said, awkwardly shuffling his feet.

the owl laughed and flew from the guy's arm. "nishinoya! hold on!" he yelled, but it was too late. kageyama watched the bird fly over to him, and then was shocked when it shape-shifted into a human boy mid-air. he had black hair, with just a lock of it at the front dyed blonde. he was short, shorter than hinata was. now that kageyama thought about it, it was odd that the black-feathered bird had only a few whiter feathers.

"it's you!" the bird - no, nishinoya - exclaimed, dropping on all fours in front of kageyama's face. kageyama flinched away from the impact of the boy hitting the ledge-like surface in front of him. nishinoya jumped off the ledge and crawled around kageyama, circling him. "i've never seen this one around here before!" he said excitedly. "whoa.." the boy reached up to kageyama's dark locks. "i really like your hair!" he pulled up kageyama's shirt which a flushed kageyama immediately pulled pack down.

"noya, i don't think he likes that," the guy said softly, pulling the smaller one away from kageyama. "i'm sorry about him," he apologized, referring to nishinoya, who was struggling against his hold.

a sudden stream of light came from the center of the cave causing the wind to pick up around them. "whoa," kageyama murmured, flattening his hair against his forehead due to the wind pushing it back. when the beam disappeared, a tall man stood in its place. the man had silver hair, tan skin, hard eyes, and a kind smile. in his hands were two bubbles, containing what looked like gems of some sort. 

"noya, asahi, you're with a human," the man stated calmly.

"he followed me over the fence," noya explained, asahi still holding him in his arms.

"what should we do?" asahi mumbled nervously.

the tall man leaned down and into kageyama's face. "state your purpose," he said. kageyama gulped. he could clearly see his reflection in the mirror glasses that covered the top half of the man's face. 

"uh.. i was looking for the mysterious bright boy? kinda short," kageyama put his hand to a low height for emphasis. "red hair?"

nishinoya rolled his eyes back to look at asahi. "see! he's talking about hina-" noya was cut off when asahi placed a hand over his mouth. the man, who he still didn't know the name of,  stepped back and straightened up.

"i don't know how to make him go away," asahi whispered, though it was loud enough for kageyama to hear. go away? all he wanted to do was give hinata this free t-shirt.

"i'll just throw him back over the fence," the man said, as if that was the only obvious thing to do in a situation such as this. kageyama's face dropped. seen as how the man had huge biceps, he assumed he would be thrown far. he also assumed the landing would not go smoothly.

"wha-whoa!" kageyama was lifted into the man's arms, and he had been right; this guy was strong. he lifted kageyama above his head with ease.

"good idea ganetto," asahi said. "h-humans should stay o-on the other side of th fence, like the sign says."

"oh gosh," kageyama moaed. "please don't throw me!" he wiggled in the ganetto's arms, trying to free himself to no avail. ganetto was about to throw him when he heard a voice.

"wait!"

all four turned to look at the source of the voice. it was hinata, who came down the steps in the cave looking awfully confused. "kageyama tobio?" he tipped his head to the side in a perplexed fashion.

"it's you," kageyama breathed, eyes filled with a beautiful wonder. ganetto chose that moment to drop him to the ground. "whoa- ow!"

hinata jumped over to kageyama. it seemed as if the boy were flying, controlling the air to carefully lower him to the ground. kageyama looked up at him in amazement, school boy-like wonder shown on his face. this kind of wonder hadn't been felt by him in such a long time. it was quite refreshing.

"are you alright?" hinata asked, offering kageyama a hand to pull him up. kageyama took his hand, and it was as if a bolt of lightening went through him. his eyes widened as he looked at hinata. the ocean air blew his orange locks so perfectly in the wind, his young face showing just a hint of concern.

but, of course, the moment was ruined.

"you know this human?" asahi interrupted. 

"he was playing a concert on the beach, and i couldn't help myself." hinata explained "his music was just so gwah! you know?" 

kageyama's music had never been described as gwah! before, so he hoped it was a good thing. "you know what they say, you can't resist fate." kageyama mentally cursed himself. that was so fucking lame! he thought bitterly. to cover it, he said. "i brought you this!" and held up the t-shirt. "it's the free t-shirt that came with your free cd!"

hinata's face lit up. "thank you kageyama-san!" he took the t-shirt gladly. the other beings crowded around hinata. "his gimmick is space," he told them.

"hey, why don't you play something for us, music man," nishinoya suggested.

"and make it good," ganetto said, his fist turning to metal and tripling in size.

instead of not saying anything like he normally would, he dove straight into music talk. "well, i'm working on this awesome new set. it's gonna kill at my next show!" kageyama's smile dropped. "next show.." he looked down the beach to where his van was parked. "gosh, what time is it?" he asked.

asahi looked at him oddly. "it's night time, of course."

"yeah," kageyama subtly backed out of the cave. "my manager's probably looking for me. we're supposed to leave soon. big show, big city, and i didn't drop out of university for nothing." that was supposed to be a joke but judging by the looks on all of their faces, they didn't understand it.

"well, you better hurry," hinata said, and kageyama thought he heard  bit of remorsefulness. "you don't want to miss your escape to the universe," he teased.

kageyama grinned and winked at the boy. "alright. i'll see you around." and as he started to jog away he realized something; he won't see the boy around. he had a show in the next city, and who knew when he'd be back to this coast-line town. he decided if he was ever going to spew the cheesiest line ever, now was the time to do it. he turned around and shouted, "i hope the stars align for us to meet again!" 

"i'm sure they will," hinata replied with a certainty in his voice.

"bye music man!" noya yelled and waved to kageyama.

kageyama waved back and made his way to his manager. when he had gone, asahi turned to hinata. "i can sing!" he exclaimed. hinata grinned at him, and both ganetto and nishinoya giggled. "what?"