! 4

despite the alluring sunset, the drive leaving beach city was awfully dreary. the skies thundered, mighty roars coming from the clouds. the high-beams cut through the darkness of the night. the rain falling around the vehicle, though quite dismal, calmed kageyama down.

"you really missed out tobio," kageyama's manager went on. kageyama flinched at the sound of his first name leaving the woman's mouth. it sounded right when it came out of other's mouth, even melodic when it came out of hinata's, but in her voice it wasn't right. "the people i met were crazy! glad the stop wasn't a total bust."

kageyama was lying in the back of the van, staring up at the roof. his guitar was in his hands, and he was strumming a little tune. "i met some crazy people too. they change shape and appear out of streams of light an-"

his manager interrupted him. "save that metaphorical shit for your song writing, alright star child?"

kageyama sat straight up. "no, no, i'm serious. something's happening back there."

his manager only laughed at him. "are you nuts? just wait until you see what's ahead of us. it's fame," she said, her eyes twinkling. this was on of her favorite phrases. she jabbed the buttons on kageyama's tape deck. "what's up with this thing? have you been putting pennies in here, you weirdo? play something, yeah?"

kageyama hated his manager, but he didn't hate playing. his guitar was already on his lap, so he positioned his finger on the fret board. he started singing. "do you believe in destiny? close your eyes and leave the rest to me-"

"snore!" his manager cried. "you're going to put people to sleep with that!" she frowned. "where's this soppy shit coming from?"

kageyama blushed. "i just can't get that guy from the show out of my head.."

"oh here we go," his manager mumbled. "how tall was he?"

"not very at all," kageyama mused. "maybe five feet. bright orange hair," he continued dreamily.

"see, tobio-" kageyama flinched again. "-this is your problem. you want one small boy, when you could have so many other bigger ones." she tured around and winked at him.

kageyama scoffed. "i'm not like that."

"just follow my lead," she told him. kageyama almost laughed and said, if i followed your lead, i'd be drunk off my ass every now and again, trying to get guys to bang me. "i'm gonna get you everything you want," she assured him.

kageyama was silent, pondering his words. he then braved to wonder aloud, "what if i want to go back?"

his manager gasped. "what?" she turned around in the front seat to look at him.

"what if i want to go back and be with him?" he exclaimed.

his manager laughed in such a sinister matter, kageyama thought she could be the perfect movie criminal. "no one cares about your feelings tobio! they're making you loose sight of what's really impor-" a loud honk! cut off her words. head lights shined through the wind shield.

"watch the road!" kageyama shouted. the van hydroplaned, sliding off of the interstate. kageyama took in labored breaths, clutching to his guitar. "why do you always decide what's important?" he argued.

"because i'm your manager," she stated matter-of-factly. "you're just some spaced-out kid. i'm taking you to the city. you're going to play," she waved a finger in his face. "and you're going to like it. hah! maybe you'll actually make me some money." she turned around and turned the key in the ignition.

kageyama rose. "get out of my van." he growled.

his manager sighed. "sit down tobio." flinch.

"i don't know if you heard my right," he started calmly. "i said, get out of my van!"

his manager had never seen him like this before; kageyama had never taken initiative like this. she stepped out of the van. kageyama hopped into the front seat and took the keys that she had thrown on the dashboard. he turned the key and started the engine, backing onto the interstate. when his manager realized what he was doing, she yelled. "you're making a huge mistake!" but kageyama didn't care. he just wanted to get back to the lady-shaped cliff face and hinata inside of the cave itself.

he sped down the road, not caring about speed limits or safety. the rain was still steadily falling when he slid the van into town. he kept going, and going, and going, until he crashed through the fence guarding the beach. he stopped half way between the cave and the fence and ran the rest of the way. he was out of breath but god, he didn't care. it had seemed the stars aligned.

in the cave was the platform where garnetto had appeared in a beam of light. beyond that was a door with a star on it. in each point of the star there was a different colored circle. he banged on it with his fist. "hey! are you in there?" he called desperately. "i can play for you now! i even revamped my set!" he hopped onto the light platform. "this one is for you mystery boy!"

he started to play his guitar, running his hands over the strings. "do you believe in destiny? close your eyes and leave the rest to me. do you believe in fantasy? i have to when it's right in front of me, oh. what are you doing, here? in the real world. what are you doing, here? so close i could touch you. what are you doing here? and what are you doing to me?"

in front of him, the door opened, basking him in pool of light. kageyama gasped. "you're wearing the t-shirt!" infront of him stood hinata, looking as enchanting as ever. the t-shirt fit him perfectly, and kegeyama involuntarily sighed dreamily. hinata looked unbelievably sad.

"please go away," he pleaded, the painful look in his eyes striking something in kageyama.

kageyama blushed. "i-i'm sorry. did i..?

hinata tsked. "you're awfully cute," he said regretfully. "and i'd really like to hang out with you. but your life is short. you have dreams. i won't let you give up on everything you want."

kageyama blushed and turned his gaze to the ground. "that's going to be a problem." he replied.

"huh?"

kageyama suddenly looked up. "you're everything i want!" he yelled.

hinata's eyes glowed as he giggled. "is that so?"

(a/n) lots of things from here will be made up to be filled in, as episodes don't mention everything that happened. sorry if anything is inaccurate or incorrect! i'm trying my best.