Chapter 4 ~ You're Going To Highschool

Welcome back! Hope you enjoy this new chapter! :)

~ Somewhere in the galaxy light years away ~

A tall man who looks like he isn't a day over 20, with short white hair and blue eyes stands before a small council of five members, all of them wearing a different colored hooded robe that hides their face. "Hn, so my time has finally come?" He asks the council in a husky voice.

The council member in the middle wearing a black robe, appearing to be the leader nods. "That is right Seastnán." She speaks in a monotone, "Once this introduction comes to an end you will be deployed to "Earth" under the orders of Aleksandrina immediately."

"You're still in training so remember, she is your commanding officer and what she says goes." The yellow-hooded figure to her right adds in a gruffy voice.

The figure to her left wearing blue continues in a soft-spoken voice, "If you complete your duty successfully and are deemed fit, you will get the honor of becoming a Guardian."

"However, don't forget that there is no second chances, should you fail, you shall never be allowed to return." The red figure says with a deep warning tone in their voice.

The figure wearing a green robe to the far right stays quiet, sitting there motionless.

"I know how it goes, I've been preparing for this day for awhile now." Seastnán says shifting his weight looking bored. "Is that all?"

"Yes." The black-robed member replies, "That'll be all, anything else you need to know including your new name will be gone over with Aleksandrina, or should I say Annie. You are to arrive to dock 4-C, your transportation will be ready for you there. Every choice you make from here will affect not only you, but also, quite possibly seven billion others. Good luck."

With that the member in yellow bangs a gavel. "Meeting adjourned.", he says as the five members disappear into the shadows.

Seastnán leaves the room and heads for dock 4-C where he finds a single one-person space pod with a note on it. He picks up the piece of paper and reads it.

'Instructions

This space pod is self-flying, simply type your coordinates into the control panel and sit back. Don't touch anything else and in the case of an emergency, a hologram will appear on the console before you and guide you through.

Thank you for flying with GGT and have a safe trip.'

"Hm, simple enough." Seastnán says lowly as he enters the space pod and punches in his coordinates.

There's a small ding and then a robotic female voice speaks, "Destination: Fukuoka, Japan; Earth. Travel time: 8 hours 14 minutes. Starting ascend."

The space pod then begins rising away from the loading dock and in a bright flash it looks to have disappeared, moving faster than the speed of both light and sound.

'Might as well get some sleep I suppose.' Seastnán thinks to himself as he leans back in his chair and closes his eyes.

"Descending, 85,000 ft.... 63,000 ft.... 54,000 ft...." Seastnán yawns and opens his eyes as the robotic female voice speaks as the space pod begins its landing. "27,000 ft.... 19,000 ft.... 11,000 ft..... 6,000 ft....."

"So, this is Earth?" He raises a lazy eyebrow looking out the large window in front of him.

"2,000 ft..... 500 ft..... 100 ft....." The pod lands in a large back alleyway where there seems to be no one in sight. "Welcome to Fukuoka, Japan, population: 1.5 million, temperature: 15 degrees Celcius, today's weather is expected to be sunny with a slight chill." The pod opens up allowing for Seastnán to get out, "Going into camelflage mode, good luck on your mission."

"Getting here was pretty easy." Seastnán says climbing out of the pod, "Now, to look for Aleksandrina."

"Here, I am known as Annie, and that is what you will refer to me as." A familiar voice speaks as Seastnán turns around to find himself faced with an older lady. "That was particularly fast for an old lady." He says looking at her as if the council is pulling his leg.

"Well, you did park right behind my shop." Annie says grabbing a long tree branch from the ground and hitting him on the head, "And learn some manners, you will respect your elders."

Seastnán grits his teeth in annoyance charging one of his arm cannons.

Annie clicks her teeth and waves her finger at him, "Uh-uh-uh, I wouldn't do that if I were you, if you don't want to fail your mission as soon as you just got here that is." She says turning away from him and entering the door at the back of her shop, "Come along, this way."

Seastnán lets out a small frustrated growl charging down his arm cannon. "Damn old lady." He mumbles following behind her.

Inside the back of the shop Annie hands Seastnán a pile of folded clothes, "Take off your armor and everything and change into these. In order to keep your cover and not stand out, you'll have to look like them. Also, from now on your name will be Nero, Nero Kogashi. Get used to it."

Seastnán, now known as Nero looks at her clearly irritated, not liking being told what to do, especially by someone he just met. "Well, aren't you going to tell me what my mission is?"

"In time, in time." Annie says waving her hand lazily, "Your first objective is highschool."

"Highschool?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, it is the third phase of schooling for these Earthians, it lasts four years and typically consists of a people ages 14 to 19. I've already created a fake profile for you, and registered you at Tamagachi High under your new alias. You will remember these three things as you are there:
1. Do not stand out; make sure you don't draw attention to yourself.
2. Do not get yourself expelled; this would cause many complications with our mission not to mention it goes against rule one.
And finally:
3. Be cautious of everyone, we may not be the only ones not from here." Annie says her tone getting more serious with the last rule.

Nero crosses his arms and leans against the wall looking serious, his eyebrow twitching just slightly. 'I already know this old woman is really going to tick me off.' He thinks to himself in annoyance, 'The council must think it's hilarious to pair me up with her, and now I have to go play 'Be an Earthian'.... at highschool.'