Chapter 1: Being Alone

Delilah hated that her best friend Luce was sent off to some reform school in Georgia. She felt alone and that was her only friend and now she's gone. Delilah hated feeling alone. So now here she was sitting on her bed contemplating life and what to do with it. She picked up her phone to see if she finally had gotten just one text or call from Luce, but to her dismay no one has texted her. 'Just great' she thought to herself her only friend had abandoned her.

She ran her left hand through her blonde hair and groaned and fell back against her pillows. She turned on her side and stared off to space. Delilah knew that Luce getting shipped off to some reform school was not her friend's fault. She knew Lucy was innocent, and as she hugged her friend, Delilah never wanted to let go. Lucy and her were inseparable joined at the hip ever since they can remember. It's always been like that.

So Lucy leaving felt like her heart was breaking, but what can you do about it. Life was unfair sometimes and you have to deal with it. Delilah squeezed her eyes shut knowing she was about to cry and she already cried to the point it gave her a migraine. Soon she fell asleep and had a sweet dream about a guy who seemed familiar.

He had dark hair and piercing green eyes with the most gorgeous  wings who promised her to take her away and to never leave her alone. But it was only a dream and not a reality.