Chapter 9: Set Fire To The Rain

Art made by mochipanko on Tumblr.

     It was late in the morning, and the two of you had stayed up almost until the break of dawn. You had awoken by a light pull on your sleeve. Lazily opening your eyes, you were greeted by a blurb of blue and purple. From what you could make out, it was a child in a shirt of said colors. Seeing short, brown hair, however, made you immediately recognize who that child was.

     "Er. . . Frisk?" you asked, hoping you were right.

     The child responded with an energetic nod and thus, pulled harder at your sleeve. Sensing this, you lifted yourself up from the couch, and let Frisk lead the way. Now that the incident had damaged your vision, you had to receive directions to avoid bumping into things, and to arrive to where you desired.

~~~~~

     After being led to the bathroom to perform your daily routine, you exited the room, and were immediately held by the hand by Frisk. They'd patiently waited for you to finish, whilst standing outside in case you got into trouble. You were now led to the exit of the home, and towards the garage, where a tall skeleton and his crimson car stood in wait.

     "Why, of course I can, Frisk! Please, do continue to lead the human where they request of you, while I start the car !" Papyrus happily exclaimed, once Frisk explained to him about your situation.

     "Uh. . . Wait! Where are we going?" you suddenly asked, both in confusion and curiosity.

     "THAT, human, WOULD BE A SURPRISE! Frisk, Sans, and your human themselves told me so." the oddly-dressed skeleton explained, thus gaining a shake of the head from Frisk, who was smiling sheepishly at the scene before them.

     After finally getting ready to go out, you sat in the front passenger's side of Papyrus's bright, red convertible, and waited for both him and Frisk to mount themselves safely. As everyone shut  the doors close, you buckled your seat belt, while you mind wandered over many things-- one of them being where you would be taken to.

~~~~~

     You arrived with Frisk hand-in-hand, right in front of the eye examination room. Pushing the door open-- which was practically a messy blurb of colors in your eyes, you were greeted by a white room with many splotches of black here and there. You guessed these contrasts in colors  were presumably the chair and medical equipment, and so, you made your way into the room, avoiding said blurbs of colors along the way.

     "Good afternoon, (miss/mister) __________" a quiet voice, which was almost in a whisper, called, once you arrived in front of him.

     "Good afternoon. . . Dr. Astigmatism, I've been informed?" you questioned, looking to clear out your doubts.

     "That's correct. . . Please, step forward, and take a seat." the eye doctor politely ordered, while you witnessing how his blurry figure made a gesture for you to sit down.

     You nodded, and afterwards proceeded to follow the blurry, oddly shaped figure's orders. Your feet trembled lightly as you lowered down to take a seat-- seeing as you didn't exactly desired to fall down due to not being able to see clearly.

     "Now, please read what the poster over there says." the small monster pointed towards a poster, which was roughly twelve feet away from you.