06.

"Hey Katie, you almost ready?" Niall calls through the door.

"Yeah, I'll be out soon," I call back. I hear footsteps and then I'm left with my thoughts again. What if he's mad at me? What if he doesn't want to see me? What if he sends me away because of the baby?

All the what ifs kept bouncing around in my head, causing me to lose myself in my thoughts. I zipped my bag and sat down on the floor. One thought was more dominant than others. What if he doesn't love me anymore?

A tear fell down my face as I subconsciously began rubbing my stomach. "At least I have you, peanut," I sniffle.

"Kat, what's wrong?" I hear.

"Grace, what if he doesn't want me anymore?"

"Of course he does, babe! If all that Niall says is true, then he's lost without you. You both need each other to survive. I need you to be happy again and that means you need to fly your whale ass over to England."

I crack a smile at her comment. "Thanks G," I pull her into a hug.

"You're welcome," she says. "Now, go get your love back."

- - -

"Everyone, please fasten your seatbelt as we prepare to land."

I grabbed my belt and hooked it together. Niall grabbed my hand and offered me a smile. I attempted one back and looked out the window.

"You ready?" He asks.

"No. But I'll be okay."

"Good. Settle in, it'll be about an hour." I nod and lay my head on the window. Here we go. Let's hope it will all be okay. My eyes drifted shut and road passing by became a blur.

- - -

"Kate, Katie, wake up," I felt someone shaking me. I looked up and saw Niall standing over me. "We're here."

I turn my head and see the house I used to call my home. My heart begins to race and my breathing becomes staggered. "Niall, I can't do this."

"Katie, you can."

I shake my head. "No, really, I can't. What if he doesn't love me anymore?"

"Kathryn Grey, if you so much as make a stupid comment like that again I might have to tickle you. Harry is a mess and he misses you more and more everyday. He needs you. And you need him. Just breath, you're okay."

I take a deep breath. It's all going to be okay. "Okay, I'm okay. Let's go."

I grab my bags and follow Niall up the steps and into the house. "Guys, I'm back."

"Niall, where'd yo—." Liam's jaw dropped. "Kat, you're back and pregnant. What the hell?"

"Surprise," I say. "I left because I didn't want this to affect Harry's career. I was trying to help him. Well, at least I thought I was."

"That was really wrong, Kat. It was his decision too. And now you're back, and hopefully that will help."

"I hope so, too, Liam," I say. "Can I go up?"

"Of course, this is your home, too. Just tread lightly, and please put his pieces back together."

"I will." I say and turn toward the stairs. I take each step carefully, before coming face to face with a door that holds so many memories.

I turn the knob and push open the door. My eyes land on a mop of curls buried beneath sheets and pillows. "Liam, I told you to leave me alone," he coughs out.

"It's not Liam," I sob. He turns toward me, eyes red and puffy.

"Kat," he says. I nod. His lip trembles and tears fall from his eyes. I watch as he breaks before me. "I'm dreaming. This is a beautifully, horrible nightmare."

"Harry, you aren't dreaming. I'm really here and I'm sorry I left. Please baby, forgive me." I cry.

"Please, Kathryn, kiss me. I've missed you so much baby girl."

I pull him close and put my lips on his. It was like all the breath had escaped me, and my world was finally starting to come back together. I could taste the salt on his lips, from one, or both, of us crying.

His hands feel for my hips and instead, they find my stomach. He pulls away, "Kat, are you pregnant?"

"Yes, I am. With your baby," I say.

"Kat, how?"

"How do you think?" I ask. "We did it once, and that's all it takes."

"Why did you leave? We would've been fine."

"I know, Harry. I just wanted to save your career, I thought I was helping. I didn't want our son to have to grow up in the spotlight, and I didn't want your career to go down the drain. I love you Harry, so so much. I just want to fix this. I'm hurting and so are you."

Tears were rushing out of my eyes. I see it now, just how much I hurt him. My chest is aching knowing I caused this.

"Our son?" He asks weakly.

I nod. "Yes, Harry. We're having a boy," I smile.

He gives me a small smile. "Kat, you broke me. To come home and find a letter saying you were gone, I didn't want to live anymore. My whole world was gone, baby. Don't you understand? We are each other's other half, we can't be apart. No matter how good you hid it, I know you are hurting."

I ducked my head. Trying to hide the new waterfall.

"Kat, we are having a baby. You shouldn't be on your own. And no matter how mad I should be that you kept this from me, I'm not. I'm so excited. We are starting a family baby girl!!"

I grin as he pulls me into his arms and spins me around. Eventually he sets me back on my feet and plants a sweet kiss on my lips.

"I missed you, Kat," he says, resting his forehead against mine.

"I missed you too, Haz," I say.

"Please don't ever leave me again," he says, the defeat coming back into his voice. "It hurt so bad, knowing that I was planning to.. Nevermind." I wipe the tear that escapes.

"Never again, I promise," I conclude.

"So, I think it's time you fill me in on the little one," he says.

"Of course, love, but let's sit first." I smile, while pulling ultrasound scans from my bag.