07.

Since I've gotten back, things are relatively normal again. Harry is happy, I'm happy, and all is well with the baby. We are actually going to get a real chance at being a family.

Now that I've had a chance to settle in, we decided that during the interview is when we'd announce our pregnancy to the world, and after, I have my first appointment with my London-based obstetrician. Simon and the boys are all really excited for us, and for me to be back. Even though there was excitement, they still lectured me about leaving him to which I agreed with them. But now, they have nothing to worry about. I'm not leaving Harry, and I was stupid to do so before.

My stomach has butterflies. I'm nervous about what the world will think. The fans are vicious and I'm scared about what they'll do to me, or possibly what they could do to my baby. I dress in silence, a permanent worry frown etched on to my face. I check the mirror, looking over my appearance. I was in my normal look, adorning a baby pink blazer over a white v-neck tee with jeans and wedges. As much as I loved fashion, nothing could take my mind off our pending arrangement. "Harry, do I look okay?"

He returns from the bathroom and locks eyes with me. "Kat, you look stunning as always," he says. I frown, once more, and turn away. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Are you sure this is the right thing to do? We can't just keep baby Styles a secret?" I say while sliding some bangles on to my wrist.

"Kat, we can't do that. The paparazzi would catch wind from someone and then we'd come off as a scandal. They'd intentionally make you and I look bad. It's better we go ahead and tell them, instead of them finding out from someone else," he responds gently.

I sigh. Of course I know this, but this is my child we're talking about. I don't want to risk anything happening at all. "I know, I know. I'm nervous. I'm scared for me. I'm scared for you. And I'm scared for him."

Harry cocks his head to the side. "Why are you scared? I mean, yeah. This will affect my career but I'm not leaving you baby girl, I promise."

"I'm not worried about that," I say.

"Then what?"

"Harry, your fans are vicious. What if they try to hurt me, or you?! What if they try to hurt our child?!" I say on the verge of hyperventilating. "This is why I was gone Harry. To stay out of the spotlight." I grab the wall for support, trying to slow my breathing.

"Here, come sit. Baby, you can't get so worked up. It's not good for the baby, or for you," he responds, gently taking my hand and leading me to the bed. He sits beside me, moving my hair out of my face and planting a kiss on my forehead. "I won't ever let anything happen to you, or our little peanut. You're my whole world, Kathryn. You know that. But now, so is he. And trust me, there will be issues if one of my fans touches you in way to hurt you."

I smile softly, rubbing my stomach. As if he knows, he kicks. I gasp quietly, and place my hand over the area. "He's kicking," I say. I grab Harry's hand and place it where mine was. Twice more, he kicks out.

Harry and I lock eyes and smile, before he leans across to kiss me. "I love you, Kathryn."

"I love you too, Haz," I say back. "Come on, we better get going or else you'll be late."

"Okay," he says. He stands and pulls me up a moment after. "I'll get your purse and phone. Will you please start the car?"

I nod and take the keys, and then leave the room. I walk, carefully, down the stairs and out the door to his Land Rover. I plop down in the passenger seat, reaching over and turning the key in the ignition. Moments after the car roared to life, Harry appears carrying my bag and phone, closing the door behind him. The bag is placed in my lap and the car retreats out of the drive.