Chapter 9

Dick pov

I smiled sheepishly and waved at the mercenary now standing in my crushed window. "Hey Slade..." Even with his mask on I could tell he was glaring. "So... You're still mad?"

"Of course I'm still mad!" He growled. "Why won't you be my apprentice?!"

I thought for a second "Hmm... let's see... maybe it has to do with the fact that YOU'RE CRAZY!!!"

"Um Dick?" I looked back over at the team "What is he talking about?" Artemis asked.

I sighed and glared back at Slade "Come on! You seriously had to do this on my day of?! And disguised as a bounty hunter?!"

He shrugged "How else could I get your guardian away from you long enough that I could sway you to my side?"

"Why would I work for you?! We saw how well that worked last time!" I yelled.

Jason pulled on my sleeve "Aren't you getting a bit close to your secrete?"

I shrugged "Slade already knows and at this point the Team is going to find out eventually. I'm pretty much just throwing caution to the wind right now." I smirked "Here's what I need you to do..." I leaned in and whispered my instructions into his ear. "Got all that?"He smiled and nodded. He quickly ran out of the room to set the plan into motion.

Slade looked back at me "Boy I am tired of waiting!"

I smirked and got into a fighting stance "So am I..."

"What do you plan on doing with your little friends?" He gestured to the Team.

I glared at him "Leave my team mates out of it this time Slade! This is our fight!"

The team was confused while he just smirked "I hoped you would say that..." he shot a gun at them and they were all quickly pinned to a wall with some sort of glue. They only thing left unstuck were their heads. At least they couldn't be hurt now... "If you become my apprentice now I promise no harm will come to those you love."

I glared at him "Not in your life!"

He quickly rushed at me and I could hear the team all let out a gasp unable to stop him.

(A/N - Next chapter's gonna be fun! :) Stay whelmed and feel the aster!)