05. kiss a stranger

I look at the list. The second thing I have to do is kiss a stranger.
God, save me.
Secret of life? People change people. Ever since I was 5, Maya has been a bad influence for me, and I've been a good one to her. Without her, I can never unfold my hands. But now I had a sign-- and the influences are streaming back.
So I prepare myself for the worst, making myself look pretty-- because, frankly, nobody wants to kiss a random 16 year old girl. I'd look like a slut. (Not that there's anything wrong with sluts)
I'm in my overalls and my striped shirt, and my hair is down. Before Farkle calls for me to get into the car, I apply my eyeliner.
I rush down the elevator by his side and walk out the building into the streets of beautiful New York City. I tell Farkle our next obstacle.
"I have to kiss a stranger." I mumble to him, and his face darkens.
"Easy." He says unsurely. "Ask to do 'rock paper scissors' and if you win, you get a kiss."
I cock an eyebrow. "And how do you know about how to kiss strangers?" I laugh.
"YouTube videos." I still stare at him. He raises his hands in defense. "Hey! I'm not a creep!"
I roll my eyes jokingly and we walk together into a somewhat crowded area. I scan the crowd for someone (preferably around my age) that's even close to good-looking.
Then I see him. A tall, dark blonde figure in a blue shirt and jeans. He's sitting on the green bench, waiting for the bus. The buses don't come until 8:30, and it's 8.
"Hey," I say to him, sitting down. The guy looks at me weirdly. "Hi. You are?" He asks.
"I'm Riley Matthews." I say, and suddenly his face brightens, like he's found his long lost twin. "Riley? I'm... I don't... I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Lucas. Lucas Friar?" He says.
I don't know if I ever knew a Lucas, and I can tell he sees it.
"I knew it. It's okay. But we went to middle school together."
Middle school? Instantly I remember a cute boy, being my first kiss, me being his princess. All the love for him floods into me, and I'm drowning in it. My next move is stupid, because I suddenly dive into him for a kiss.
His eyes close, and he puts his hands on my waist. His hands accidentally go up into my shirt, and his hands are soft. Like a cloud. God, how much I wanted more, but Farkle interrupted us.
"Riley? I think number two is done." He laughs. He looks at Lucas. "Oh my god! Is that you, Freak? Bring it in!" He dives into him, hugging him happily.
I look at Farkle, my eyes asking for what's next.
"I think we should get home." He says, reading my mind. He takes my hand and brings me into the penthouse.
-
"A Lucas Friar wants to come in, sir." The intercom for the penthouse booms.
My eyes brighten.
"Yes, bring him in." Says Farkle. The elevator dings, and Lucas comes in.
"Look, what happened earlier... I..." I stutter, trying to process that he's here.
"No. It's okay. I kinda liked it." He chuckles. He shakes his head, pushing away his thoughts. "What did Farkle mean with number two?"
God, Lucas. He's so nosy.
"Maya disappeared. She sent a list of things for me to do. She says she'll come back if I do it, so I am. Number two is kiss a stranger." I laugh. I think I offended him by calling him a stranger, because his face droops.
"So what's the next step?" He asks.