Chapter 2

Bella's POV
(This takes place during Eclipse)
"What is everyone talking about?" I asked Edward. The town was abuzz with news and no one would tell me what it was. 

"On the edge of the Rez, there is this big, old house that no one has lived in for 100 years. Have you heard of it?" I nodded, they called it the Ghost's Mansion. 

"Well someone finally bought it."

"Really, who?" I asked. 

"They're not sure, but they did say that it was an 18-year-old boy. Without parents"  

"Really?" I asked surprised. For one, this kid we only 18 how would he pay for that? Also why here? You would think he would want to go to New York or something. 

"Hey what are you thinking?" Edward nudged me. 

"That it was weird he wanted to move to a nondescript town in Washington and that he could afford that house." 

"True, but I also heard that he is still in high school, only 18 so he still has to finish his senior year." 

"Cool, maybe we will see him tomorrow at school."

Percy's POV
Today I start school at Forks High school.

 I did a little research and I don't think this town has had a new person in over a year. I sighed and got out of bed maneuvering through the boxes scattered around the house. I put on a sea green t-shirt and some jeans. I also put on my leather jacket, to hide my wings. My camp necklace was already on and the only tattoo's showing were Hestia's on my eye and Poseidon's, a trident, on my collar bone. I looked at the clock, grabbed an apple and went outside.

 My house was in the middle of a wooded area and I loved it, gave me plenty of privacy. I tugged twice on the sun charm on my necklace. 

I was looking through the gifts earlier and Apollo got me--- a sports car. I know nothing about cars so I couldn't tell you anything not mechanically related to the car. Engine, yes. Year made, no. 

I got in the blue sports car and drove away. Once I got to the school I could already tell that this was going to be a long day. I haven't even gotten out of the car yet and I was already getting stared at by everyone in the parking lot. 

Once I climbed out everyone was full out gawking at me. It was kind of unsettling. All of a sudden I felt someone pushing on the barriers of my mind. I whipped my head around to glare at the perpetrator and strengthened my mental blocks.

 The boy in question was obviously not human, along with his 4 companions. There was also a brown haired girl that was human, and based on the offending party's arm around her, she probably knew he wasn't human.

 I grabbed my backpack from the car and asked some random person where the office was. He stuttered, just staring at me and ended up just pointing at a small brick building. As I walked away I heard everyone break out into whispers, staring after me.

Bella's POV
"He blocked me," said Edward sounding furious. "And he knew who it was." 

"Is that why he was glaring at you?" Asked Rosalie.

 "Yes and as soon as he did that I couldn't hear his thoughts anymore. Not that I could before, it was all in a language that I don't speak."

 "Well, we have to get to class so come on," I said tugging on Edward's arm.

 We walked into the school and to my locker. There we discovered that the new kid's locker was right next door. He glanced at us and murmured something in a language that wasn't English and sounded insulting.

  "Do you speak English?" I asked him.

"Yes," He responded dryly raising an eyebrow at me. He was like 6'3, with messy raven black hair and sea green eyes. He had a tattoo of fire around his left eye and a trident on his collar bone. I would never admit this to Edward, but he was hot. 

"Take a picture it will last longer." He said. I snapped out of my thoughts and realized I had just been staring at him.

"I'm Bella, This is Edward," I said gesturing at him. "What's your name?" 

"Percy" he answered shortly. "Can one of you tell me where all these classes are?" He handed me his schedule and I gave him directions. He nodded at me and walked away. 

I turned to Edward who had just been standing there glaring. " Well, he seems interesting!" I said brightly. 

"I'm still going to tell the wolves to keep an eye on him," he said darkly, glaring at Percy.