Chapter 4

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and opened my eyes to see the sun blaring in through the window. I shuffled around in my bed and reached for my phone. I shuffled around in the bed and reached for my phone. I was surprised to see it was only 6:07.

I smelled different. I smelled like…Harry. Oh yes, I’m wearing his shirt!

I sat up straight and put my hair up in a messy bun. I peeked out the window, it was indeed a very nice day. I decided to go for a run nice and early before everyone else wakes up.

I made my way to the bathroom to freshen up. I changed into running tights but didn’t bother change the shirt. I took my phone and plugged in the earphones. I quietly went out of the room, put my training shoes on and went out the house, carefully shutting the door behind me.

The streets were all empty and for once it felt good. I walked past my house and started running towards the hills.

Liam’s face popped into my head, making me frown. Poor him, getting kicked out of the house. Now that I think about it how dare Harry kick my friend out? Liam was just making sure I was alright. Urgh, Harry really gets on my nerves.

After running for about 50 minutes my feet started to feel weak and so I started making my way back. On the way I came across an alley. The horrible scent of smoking filled up my lungs, making me cough. I looked inside the alley to see two rather young men, standing up straight as they heard me cough. I looked straight and started walking rather quickly, away from them. After a few seconds I shot a glance behind me to see they were following me. Ohmygod.

Did the streets really have to be this empty right now? I started jogging instead and heard pants behind me, indicating that they were quickening their pace too.

I started running now, my heartbeat racing. This can’t be happening, this can’t be happening.

Suddenly a car halted right next to me and I recognised it as Harry’s.

“Get in.” He said in a very cold voice. 

I didn’t hesitate a second. I ran over to the passenger’s seat and shut the door hard behind me. 

“Oi, Styles! Give her to us!” I heard the men yelling. 

So Harry knew them?

Harry drove out of that street in a hurry, as my heart went back to its normal pace.

“How come you always seem to find me?” I asked, looking at him.

But of course he was in no mood to answer me. Instead he kept his eyes straight on the road, holding on to the steering wheel as hard as he could.

I let out a sigh and looked out of my window, hoping to get out of the car as soon as possible. It took us less than 5 minutes to get back to his house, and I hurried inside as he followed me. Just as I was about to close my bedroom door, he said my name. 

“Evangeline?” 

My heart skipped a beat, and I immediately turned around to face him. He was looking straight into my eyes, and for a second it was difficult for me to breathe properly.

“Keep the shirt, it looks better on you anyway.”

And with that he hurried up the stairs, leaving me in complete awe.

***

Tanya and Lori had left Harry and me all alone at home, because they wanted to go and do some grocery shopping. I begged Tanya to take me with them but she just kept quiet and gave me a cheeky grin. Harry was no where to be seen so I was just sitting in Tanya’s room using her computer. I put some music on, and made sure it wasn’t too loud to disturb Harry in any way.