Part 1

Cadmus Runaway

By: A.M.B

Part❶

Intro

A family of three was walking down an empty street, the mother was laughing at her daughter's excitement, while the father had a huge grin on his face. He went to hail a cab, when a limo pulled up in front of them. The window rolled down and appeared a man with no hair on his head. The mother stopped laughing and the father stopped grinning. "Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Harris." The man said smiling, "Good evening, Mr. Luther." The father Nathan Harris said returning the smile. "I see you're having a family outing." Lex Luther said taking a glance at the little girl. "Yes, yes we are."

The mother Kate Harris said taking a hold of her daughter's hand. The man nodded "I surely doubt you three want to cram inside the back of a taxi," The man went on. The mother knitted her eyebrows and looked up at her husband, "I guess not." She said. "Then why should you stand out there in the cold? Get in." Luther offered. "Are you sure? We don't want to company trouble." Nathan said, being polite. "Nonsense, Mr. Harris. Come on in and I can take you where you need to go." Lex Luther suggested, "If you insist." Mr. Harris said.

The limo driver got out of the limo and opened the car door for them. First the Mother, second the Daughter, third the Father. The limo driver shut the car door with a thud and got back into the limo to proceed driving, but before he did he asked Nathan "Where to?""The Theater, please." Nathan answered. The drive was quiet for a few seconds before; "So what do we have the pleasure of having Lex Luther on this side of Metropolis?" Nathan asked, "I wanted to offer you a job." Lex Luther said. Mr. and Mrs. Harris's eyes went wide. "You want to offer me a job?" Nathan asked.

"Yes, Mr. Harris, at Lex Corp. You are a very good business man. I was hoping you would a company me with a new project I'm working on." Lex Luther said giving a wry smile. "Yes, of course!" Nathan said without thinking twice.

It all went downhill from there.

"Wonderful," With that word the limo came to a halt. "Are we there alr-?" Kate was cut off by the limo door swinging open and appeared a man with a hand gun. "Kill the parents; make it look like the daughter died." Luther ordered. More men with guns appeared and took away the family, of course not without them kicking and screaming. "Wait- No! No! No!" The father yelled, fighting against their grip. "No! No! Please!" Kate screamed.

The daughter yelled out an ear piercing scream when a man grabbed her by the arm. The man covered her mouth with his hand and dragged her out. The men dragged the family into an alley and brutally killed Nathan and Kate Harris, along with their daughter.

-

The funeral was sad, their beloved family was there; Nathan's older sister Kennedy and little brother Benett, his parents Molly and Jeff. Kate's little sister Jean Gilford, her parents Dan and Mandy Rodger. Nathan's childhood friend Samuel Gail, Kate's cousins Will and Sean Neil (Twin's). They all came to see them one last time, to say goodbye, to watch them get buried. But one body wasn't found. It was the daughter's.

And that's the story of my life, except I didn't die. I survived. One part of me wished that I was dead, but that was a long time ago. As the future lead on, I was glad that I had survived that day. Now I'm going to tell you what really happen. My name is Madison Ann Harris.

End of Part One