Thursday

Thursday

Cho woke up early the next morning, not necessarily as early as the previous days, but early enough for him to be awake before the rest of his family. It was around six thirty in the morning. Amanda and Trevor didn't have to go to school until eight thirty. He hadn't got a phone call yet, Annabelle must still be in a coma. He was all ready to go off to work if he was needed, but there was no call.

He walked through his house to the kitchen. The sun was shining brightly on the horizon. A nice break from the rain, he thought. Cho pulled out some ingredients from the refrigerator; bread, turkey slices, lettuce, and some other ingredients to add onto a sandwich. After he finished his turkey sandwich and having some time before he had to leave, he went to make breakfast for Emiko and the kids.

Cho cracked eggs into a pan, cutting up tomatoes, green peppers, and shredding cheese in the middle of them. He chopped up some oranges also, putting them on three plates with the omelets. Emiko would wake up soon, he thought, the food shouldn't get to cold before they ate. Cho decided to write a note to them, saying that he loved them and hoped they had a great day.

His phone buzzed in his pocket as he set them out on the counter. He pulled it out to find that Valery had text messaged him. “Ready to go?” It read. He typed back quickly, “Way ahead of you.” Cho grabbed his jacket and car keys, heading out the door quietly.

* * * *

Detective Valery and Cho met at the station, they parked their cars beside each other. Valery walked into their office to find Cho already on his laptop. “Good morning.” Cho said to him, he looked up from the computer. Valery looked anxious.

“Guess what I found out last night.” He said, putting his jacket over the back of his chair.

“What happened to resting?”

“No, Sid made me rest, but first we found something out about Annabelle that we didn't see before.” he walked around his desk and leaned against the front of it so he could face Cho.

“Like what?” Cho was curious at what they had missed.

“Do you remember that case we had a last week, the suicide?” He nodded. “Well, that was Annabelle.”

“How could that of been her, she's alive.” Cho wasn't believing it, it was possible that his partner had gone crazy. Him and Valery had seen the body of the girl that jumped off the building. Now that he thought back to it, the girl could of looked like Annabelle. The girl who had jumped from the building was bloody and broken, he couldn't distinguish between them if he tried.

“I'm not sure. Maybe she faked it. But she's alive now, we should go visit her and try and find out what's going on here.” Cho agreed, though he was doubtful. They headed out the door of the station quickly and drove off in his car.

* * * * * * *

When they got to the hospital, they found Sydney in Annabelle's room changing her sheets and previously her clothes. “Hi guys.” she said looking up from the side of Annabelle's bed. “You're early today.”

“We wanted an fresh start.” Cho told her.

“Hey, Sid.” Valery smiled. She probably wasn't going to walk over and hug or kiss him while she was at work, he thought.

“She hasn't woken, yet. No vitals have changed. We'll only be able to keep her here for a short period of time without money.”

“We can get the station to pay for it, we want her alive.” Sid nodded, taking Annabelle's old sheets and placing them on a cart that she started to roll out.