Epilogue

Epilogue

The three detectives were at Valery's house until the sun came up. Cho couldn't examine the body, he didn't have the guts. Valery had been his partner for almost four years, they were best friends before that as well. He was there when Cho's daughter was born.

Sydney had stayed up the rest of the night with them, after all the police and the ambulance had left she fell asleep on the couch. Almost all night she was crying on Detective Bell's shoulder.

Later that morning, Detective Hanster got a call saying that someone had seen Annabelle jump from her apartment building. The two of them hurried down, leaving Bell to watch Sydney.

They drove quickly, the area was taped off with curious people piled around the police cars. They hurried under the tape and towards the officers. They were told that a young man saw her on top of the building, he said that he watched her jump off the ledge. After he called the police he ran over to try and help her, but she was gone.

Cho didn't understand, she was gone? The officer lead them over to a large splatter of blood. Enough blood for her to be dead, but as he said, there was no body. Annabelle was gone.

Life continued on, Cho felt that it was going too fast. He barely even realized that four years had gone by since Valery's death. His son and daughter had grown older, his wife was very worried for him. He visited Sydney whenever he could, but after a while he wasn't even needed there.

After three years, Detective Bell proposed to Sydney. A month after Valery's death, Sydney had found out she was pregnant with his child. She once told Cho that Valery promised they would have a kid together. Detective Bell became like a father to her son, and with Valery gone she needed someone to help support her and her son. She named him Michael, after her deceased husband. Cho couldn't remember the last time he'd seen her smile until the baby was born, he was just glad to see that she was happy.

Six months after Valery's death, Cho was assigned a new partner.

Even now, Cho doesn't understand what happened to Annabelle, though he wish he did. He thought if he knew she was dead that he would get some kind of closure. Not knowing whether or not the person who murder his best friend was dead kept him up for many nights. He would look closely into unsolved murders to find any evidence that it was her, he wouldn't know what to do with that information but he needed to know. Over time, he let it go. He stopped thinking about Annabelle, but he always kept the photo of himself and Valery in his wallet. To commemorate his best friend and the best partner he ever had.