Friday

Friday

Detective Valery and Detective Cho rode down the empty country road, heading far out of L.A.; the dark roads were ghostly, not a car passed them for at least thirty minutes. And when one did, they made sure to check if a red-headed girl was driving. Valery could feel his eyes start to get heavier, it was almost 12a.m. and both him and Cho had yet to get some sleep. He knew he wouldn't be able to get much tonight.

He finally pulled the car into Naomi Peyton's driveway, driving slowly up the dirt road til they met an opening. To the left was a large, three story barn, from the headlights of the car he could see the red roof and grey-looking walls. The dirt road continued forward, assuming it went out into fields or grassy land for their animals. Naomi's home, a two story brick building, probably reddish, but they couldn't tell in the dark of night. White windows were placed symmetrically around the walls, the Detectives got out of the vehicle and stepped up onto a nice wooden porch with picnic tables.

Cho pulled open the screen and knocked his knuckles loudly on the wooden door, they could hear it echo throughout the house. Cho turned to his partner, “Do you think it was a good idea to come so late?”

“Well, it's worth it to stop Annabelle from killing again.” he said, “We need to get one step ahead of her, and if it means we have to stay up all night then we'll have to make do.”

They waited outside the door for about ten minutes, they were patient, knowing what time it was. Cho noted a few lights turning out before a young girl revealed herself from behind a screen door. She was young like Annabelle, her brown-blonde hair was tied back in a ponytail and they both noticed the bags under her eyes.

“Hello, miss, sorry to bother you at this hour, but we're looking for Naomi Peyton.” Valery announced in his softest tone.

“That's me, you ever heard of a phone?” Naomi crossed her arms over her chest and let her body weight fall against the door frame.

“We're really very sorry, it was urgent.” Valery quickly glanced to Cho, he shook his head, indicating that he shouldn't tell Naomi why they were there in the first place. “We're the F.B.I,” they quickly showed her their badges, “we were hoping you could give us some information on Annabelle Tomeko.”

Naomi shot a glare of surprise at them. “Annabelle?” she rubbed her eyes in order to wake herself some more. “I knew her, yes, a long time ago. But I haven't seen her since ninth grade, I'm sure there's someone else who could tell you more.”

“Yes, thank you. Again, we're sorry for waking you.” Cho said quickly, the Detectives turned and walked off the porch. Naomi watched them as they got in the car and headed off. They started back on the country road. “The fact that Naomi is alive is a good sign.”

“Yeah, a sign that our serial killer sleeps.” Valery replied sarcastically while rubbing his eyes. “But you're right, maybe we're finally step ahead of her.”

“Tomorrow, first thing in the morning we should send out someone to watch their house, who knows when Annabelle's wrath will come.” Cho leaned his head back on the headrest of the chair.

“We need to catch her in the act, like last time, with Melton. But we'll stop her this time.” Valery looked over at his partner, whose eyes were closed and was slowly breathing. He grinned to himself, letting Cho sleep the ride to his house.

* * *

Friday's were the only days that Valery could take off, and that friday, Cho was working with Detective Hanster and Detective Bell. Even though he offered to help them that day, they refused and he reluctantly took his day off. Sydney also took friday's off, so they could spend the day together.