Tangled Up in Blue

A/N: I'm so sorry that this story was left hanging. I've moved across the world -twice now. I just returned to my first home and I'm feeling more excited than ever about continuing this story. I do hope I still have some readers who are interested in following Klaus and his daughter's adventures, haha.

Take care!

I don't have a beta-reader at the moment so if there are any mistakes I'm terribly sorry abou tthat. I'm terribly sorry the chapter is shorter than it'd normally be. I'm trying to get the feeling back and get to know the characters again!

Hope swallowed hard and she yet again fought against the chains that had her unable to move. She gasped from pain, but fought to keep her voice down. It was stupid of her, perhaps.

Apparently she was as paranoid as her father, but Hope prefered the word smart. Someone was out there, screaming after her. She was certain it was her they were looking for, and she wasn't sure she wanted to be found. She could certainely play the damsel in distress and hope to be saved, but what if the people or person searching for her didn't wish her any good? What if the scarred woman and her friends were in fact a friendier company than the other person out there?

"I KNOW SHE'S IN THERE! GET ME HOPE MIKAELSON THIS INSTANT!" the voice roared. It belonged to a man and he sounded furious. He sounded like someone had killed the love of his life, and that scared her. If it was her they were after and if it was her they were angry with she was so screwed. Her semi-dead heart was pounding away in her chest. She was basically unbeatabe. She was an original hybrid, she was part witch, part werewolf, part vampire. Of course one could not be witch and vampire at the same time. Being a witch was being one with the nature and being vampire went against every rule of nature, but she was told it still made her a powerful vampire. One of the most powerful beings on the panet, one of the east defeatable. Yet, in that second she felt terrified. The person looking for her was powerful enough to cause that panic amongst the others. How many were they against how many? She just heard that on the other team there was that one person.

She kept fighting the wolvesbane or vervain all she could until it went completely quiet outside. She froze in her movement, barely feeling the burning pain through her body as she waited. What she waited for wasn't clear to her, but she knew she was waiting for something.

The sun was still rising and as a male appeared in the doorway with the sun behind him she coudn't make his face out. Who was he?

"We're leaving. And ah, look at that, the rumour is true huh?" His voice was softer. Not soft, but softer. He sounded unburdenful which made her confused. He had just scared those people away, or had them killed, or something, and he didn't seem affected what so ever.

"I must say, Hope Mikaelson, I never expected to see you alive." he stated before he easily tugged the chains off her. So it had to be wolvsbane and he had to be a vampire.

"Why is that?" she finally gathered the courage to ask as she stared into his brown eyes. She saw that much now, his eyes were dark. Just when it came to the color. In fact they looked quite warm, and that confused her further.

"Because your parents told us all you were dead. Your aunt said she suffered such a great deal she coudn't be around anymore. I assume she was a great actress, but you must understand that Rebekah did have a way to make ar un for it whenever she could not deal with emotion"

"How do you know her?" Hope asked quietly, stilll not sure whether to trust this man or not, but he still didn't seem bothered. He laughed, warmheartedly. "Oh, Hope. Where would I even begin?" he asked. "Let's go now. I promised to bring you home"

She swallowed hard at his comment. Home?! She wasn't going home. She wanted to stay here, at least for now. Sure she had been on the way home and sure she seemed to be in grave danger here, but it was her family. She really did want to find herself.

"I heard you made a new friend" the man commented as he lead her out of there. He lifted her up into his arms before he took off in vampire speed. It was a really cool feeling when you weren't the one running. A vampire had the speed to actualy see everything they passed, yet without the control to actually control it.

"I did?" she asked, confused and the man chuckled again. "A certain boy told me about this pretty brunette who had entered the bar in which he was working. Of course, maybe he has more than friendship in mind?" the man winked and Hope felt herself blushing like the teenager she actually was. "He's too old for me" she just muttered out and the man chuckled again. "Is that so?"

"Ah, Marcel" they stopped and Hope's proper uncle stood before them, outside the closed door to the manor Hope had knocked on before in her search for her parents.

"Why do you wish to make my niece find love here? Daniel is a sweet kid, but it is not a wise idea. That is something of which you should be aware."

The man, clearly named Marcel, put the teenager down as he held his eyes on the other vampire.

"Why wouldn't it be?" he differed. "Let's face it, she's probably staying now. Klaus will not allow her to leave."

"In fact he already sent her away." Elijah objected and Marcel chuckled. "Don't tell me I know your brother better than you do"

"I'm not, Marcel." Elijah smiled, though darkly. "Nobody knows my brother better than my sister and I. I do know of Niklaus' true intentions, but that doesn't change the fact that he will act however way he pleases to." He then turned to meet his niece's gaze. "You look tired. Let me treat you a meal and a good night's rest. I hereby bid you a good night, Marcel"

Marcel nodded, though Elijah didn't meet his gaze, and before Hope had time to react he had left.

Her uncle held his eyes in hers all the time. "I'm slightly disappointed, Hope. I must say."