Home Sweet Home

They stood quiet for a couple of moments, just watching each other. Hope wasn't certain whether she should speak or not, but she was the one opening her mouth first.

“I'm uh... Looking for a Mikaelson?”

“Oh, yes, of course.” He smiled widely and he really looked like a true gentleman in his suit. “How impolite of me. Please” His smile was still wide over his lips as he made a movement with his hand, showing her to step inside, an invitation she took.

“I'm...” she began, knowing she should introduce herself, but he held up his hand as to stop her.

“Hope Mikaelson” he smiled, showing her into the living room. “Please excuse my poor behavior. It's been sixteen years after all.” He showed for her to have a seat in one of the armchairs if she pleased to do so.

The man was beautiful. He looked noble, clean, his hair lay perfectly just as his suit did. She couldn't help but to wonder if this was her father, but she didn't see it. There were things they had in common when it came to looks, there were, but from what Rebekah had explained this couldn't be her father.

“It's been far too long” he said as Hope had a seat now, however she sat down in the couch, and her uncle had a seat next to her, smiling at her with a warm, friendly smile.

“How have you been? How's Rebekah doing? Have you been safe? Are you happy?” he asked and Hope blinked at how many questions she was covered in.

“I've been... Good. Rebekah's great. She really is and... yeah, I think I'm happy”

“You only think you're happy?” Elijah seemed to react. “Is there anything that isn't what you wish for it to be?”

“I... I want to know my family.”

“Yes, of course. I'm Elijah. Your uncle. I'm sorry to say your father isn't home at the moment. I'm certain he would take this opportunity to be here to greet you welcome, but our dear sister seem to have forgot to inform us of your arrival”

“Oh, no, she uh... I sort of ran away” Hope stated. “I left her a note where I was heading, I just... She wouldn't let me come. I'm sorry for marching in in the middle of the night...”

“You mustn’t apologize, Hope. Our door always stand wide open for you. It has ever since you left” It was a bit awkward though. She was thrilled to see him, yet she didn't know how to act, if this was going to be formal or if they could hug.

Before she had time to act on her thoughts she felt a hand on hers and he smiled at her in an comforting way.

“I assure you my sister won't be mad, and neither will your father. He's been thinking a lot about this moment.”

“Then why didn't he contact me?” Hope objected and Elijah smiled at her, though more faintly now.

“It's a long story, Hope. It almost begins before we were these beings. Your father was constantly harassed by his own father, Mikael. He lived for a thousand years with those demons and with the belief that he'd never father a child until one day he learned that he was” he explained and Hope had her greyish eyes locked at him as he did. He studied her with a smile. “You've got his eyes”

“Yeah, Rebekah tells me” she answered with a faint smile. “I wouldn't know. She wouldn't... tell me their names or show me their photos.” Elijah's smile was weaker, sadder now.