「sugar • 03」

Rainy days are wonderful. You had always thought that.

But not when you don't bring an umbrella and would get soaked in your uniform.

It was one thing that it started raining after you entered the school building.

But it hadn't stopped. It didn't look like it would, either, and the session ended 15 minutes ago.

Looking out the window, you see people walking off in different directions.

That was exactly how you and Sugawara would end up, and it made you sad.

But you would never forget the thrill he gave you. No way.

"Um, [Name]-san?"

It was his voice!

You turn around and meet eyes with a pair of brown eyes that made your knees feel like jelly.

Not just any kind of jelly. Really wobbly jelly.

"Yes, Sugawara-san?"

He is hesitant. He wonders what he should say, and is debating what words he should refrain from saying.

The poor boy walks beside you and looks out of the window.

His mind is numb. He can barely stand what he was feeling.

But he didn't mind it one bit because it was you.

It was always you.

"Y-You don't have an u-umbrella, do you?" The boy asks you, and you nod, looking to where his gaze was.

You nod again. What was this? Why can't you speak properly? Get a grip, woman! Your mentality screams.

Of course, you didn't know that Sugawara was basically thinking of the same things you did. He could hardly hold his composure.

In fact, he even stole Asahi's umbrella, just so he could get a chance to talk to you.

"Let's w-walk home together, then?" He suggests as casually as he can, and your eyes go wide.

Dreams do come true, and today was the first day you believed it.

"O-Okay,, " You say and his tensed up face becomes a smile.

A single word, that was all it takes, for Sugawara to get the confidence that he wanted.

As the two of you walked downstairs, Sugawara opens his umbrella- correction, Asahi's umbrella- and motions for you to come closer.

Oh, you were trembling alright.

You were too busy trying to control your trembling heart to notice Sugawara's hands trembling as well.

Young love, young love is so pure.

You take a step closer, and from the corner of your eyes, you can see him smile.

A real, genuine smile, quite different from the ones you'd usually get from him.

"[Name]-san, will you come to watch my final match?"

Slowly, but steadily, things were going your way.

Maybe not in the same way as you hoped it would, but close.

One step at a time.

"Of course. I'll cheer for you."

You wonder if that was too bold of you to say.

For Sugawara's soft heart, it was like steel. Not steel that pierced right through, but steel that made his heart stronger.

Braver.

The wind blows furiously, and the umbrella flies off. You both begin to get drenched in the downpour.

"[Name]-san!" Sugawara says, and unconsciously takes hold of your hand.

He takes your hand.

The third-year runs to the nearest building and the two of you catch your breaths.

It takes a moment for him to realize he's holding your hand.

"U-Um! I'm really sorry, I just..."

He didn't really have an excuse.

But oh boy, his cheeks were flushing so hard, he could feel his entire face heating up.

And you didn't look too pale yourself.

"Thank you, Suga-san."

It wasn't a thank you for taking you to the shade.

No, it wasn't just that.

It was also for the wild emotions that ran through your head in the minimal amount of time.

Only the silver-haired boy that meant so much to you, would be able to do that to you.

Only him.

Even though it was on an impulse, that couple of seconds meant more than anything.

To Sugawara.

And to you.

Really, what are you doing to my poor heart?

Maybe he would confess to you.

Maybe not today, but eventually.

---

a/n; halp i'm drowing in the flufffffff but n a good way ehhehehehehehehe