「sugar • 12」

Sugawara could clearly remember the day he first saw [Name].

It wasn't a lie to say that there are prettier people in the world besides her.

But in his eyes, there wasn't anything else in the entire world that would make him stop dead in his tracks, and do nothing except to just... stare.

That was what [Name] was, to him. 

The most beautiful, in his eyes.

He can still clearly remember the way he bumped into her when she was coming out of the faculty room.

So clumsy. I am so clumsy.

That was what he chanted in his mind before he took note of who was in front of her.

But when he did, he was so, so glad that he was clumsy.

"Ah, Sugawara-san, I'm sorry!" She apologized using simple words, but there were three things that made him remember each word perfectly, even now.

The way her voice engraved into his heart, and he wanted seconds of that.

The way that very voice of hers knew his name.

And the beautiful owner of the voice, at which Sugawara could not take his eyes off.

And there he stood at a loss of words, clutching his club application form with slightly trembling hands.

"Sugawara-san, are you okay? I don't think you're familiar with me yet, but I sit at the back in class, and my name is {Last Name] [First Name]."

Ah, there it was again.

Her soothing voice calling out his name.

"Sugawara-san?"

The final call brings the silver-head to his senses.

"Yes! No! Uh, I mean... I'm sorry, [lLast Name]-san..." His voice trails off as he spots a piece of paper lying beside the girl's feet.

The boy bends down to pick it up. It is a club application form for the Literature club.

"Is this yours?" He hands the girl the paper, and she nods.

For a single second, a voice in his brain asks him to join the Literature club instead.

Good heavens, am I even okay? The boy wonders to himself.

"Thank you."

Why were such simple words making his head go blank? Sugawara could simply not figure out what was wrong with him.

"I'm joining the volleyball club." He blurts out.

"Really? That's so cool! I was always terrible at playing volley." The girl gives a laugh.

"Maybe I can teach you one day." Sugawara was shocked at himself because of the way the words were slipping out. This definitely was an entirely different version of Sugawara, one that Sugawara himself wasn't familiar with.

"That's so nice of you! Oh, I should be going now. See you later, Sugawara-san." [f/n] says, before she runs off.

Sugawara knew this was not normal. He had never done something like stare at someone for that long, ever before in his entire life.

More than that, it was like he could not take his eyes off from her.

To be frank, he didn't even want to.

'See you later, Sugawara-san.'

Three years passed by, and those four words had started a friendship that was so strong, it would never, ever break.

Sugawara and [Name].

They were in the flush of youth.

And they were in love.

True, requited love.

---

a/n; petition for protecting suga bc he is such a cutie i'm--