Chapter One |Striders Gotta Stride|

Sup. I'm Dave Elizabeth Strider, and this is the story of how I, the depressed, gay, braces wearing mute kid, unironically fell in love with my best friend, John Egbert.

 I live with my older brothers, Bro, Dirk, my twin who is only older than me by like 10 minutes, and D, in a shitty apartment. We don't have the best life, but I guess its okay. Besides the days Bro and I strife, and the neglecting, but we will get to that later. Now John and I have been friends since a young age, contacting each other on Pesterchum. We have two other friends, Jade Harley and Rose Lalonde. I mean Rose is technically my sister and Jade is technically John's but technically doesn't count does it? 

 Anyways, I haven't met this dork yet and i'm already falling for him. The only problem is that he has told me on multiple occasions that he isn't a quote on quote "Homosexual" which puts our relationship at strictly best bros. Unless he is like, Bi, Pan, or Asexual. I talk with Rose, our group's therapist to see if my feelings are real or not, and to help with my depression. I became both physically and selectively mute after Bro and I had a more risky strife. He accidentally cut across my throat, not too deep, just enough to damage my vocal cords.  I'm also selectively mute because I didn't want the surgery to fix my vocal cords. I think its better when i'm silent, that way i'm never in the way.

 That is one of the reasons why I love John, he doesn't think i'm a burden or a problem. Jade and Rose are the same way, but there is just something about the way John expresses it, maybe its because i'm so painfully gay. Yeah that must be it. It's weird how it seems everyone in the Strider family is REALLY gay, the only exception is Bro, who is Bi. Dirk is in a happy relationship with this kid named Jake English, I think he is Jade and John's Cousin or something. The reason i'm depressed is because, since a young age I have been bullied because of my eyes and more recently, me being mute.

 I wear shades to try and cover my eyes but it doesn't work anymore. John sent me a pair of my own shades one of my birthdays because I kept complaining about how stupid Bro's anime shades are. I treasure them. Everyone in the Strider family has weird colored eyes. Mine and D's are red, while Bro and Dirk's are orange. We try to cover them with shades most of the time, to try and keep a cool kid facade, cause in our world cool kids don't have to worry about anything. The shades help a lot. Along with Rose's encouraging words and John Egbert's existence, the only thing getting me out of bed in the morning is the Strider family's motto. Striders Gotta Stride.

Turntables| Johndaveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें