Chapter Three |A Day In The Life Of A Strider|

Dave woke up to a crash that sounded like it came from the kitchen. In a matter of seconds he had his aviators on and his katana in his hands, slowly creeping out of his room in his strife stance. When he was a safe distance from the kitchen, but at a spot where he could see into it, he noticed Bro and D making what looked like... breakfast?

    Dirk sat on the counter drinking orange juice. He had his phone out and was typing, probably messaging Jake. Dave walked in the kitchen, his katana already cast away to the couch.

    He sat next to dirk scaring the shit out of him. "JESUS DAVE WE SHOULD PUT A BELL ON YOU, YOU'RE QUIET ENOUGH WITHOUT BEING MUTE." Dave just shrugged and swung his legs, his ankles hitting the cubbie underneath the counter and making a quiet banging noise.

    "Be more careful how you speak to Dave, Dirk, Rose has been messaging me about how Dave has been doing emotionally. We need to talk later today OK Dave?" Dave went to say "sure whatever" but remembered he couldn't. He nodded instead.

   Bro brought a plate of eggs and bacon to each of the boys while D brought them two slices of toast each. "Can't be going to school hungry, or we will get a repeat of last weeks pukig incident." Bro glared at Dirk as he shoved a heaping serving of eggs into his mouth. "What? It wasn't my fault! Roxy gave me a drink of what I thought was water. It wasn't, apparently it was vodka." " you should know Rox by now of course it was vodka!" D yelled.

   Dave ate three bites of eggs and a whole piece of toast, and left the counter to go to his room to change. He grabbed a white shirt and some black skinny jeans and began stripping. He grabbed his book bag and red hoodie putting them both on. He walked back to the kitchen to tell Bro or D that he was leaving. The closest was D. He tugged on his shirt and signed 'I'm walking today.' D nodded and hugged Dave. When Dave shut the apartment door he could hear Bro yelling bye to him. He rolled his eyes and continued his walk down the hall.

    It wasn't a long walk, only about fifteen minutes if he hurried. Dave's apartment was a block and a half away from the school. Dave wondered some days why D drove him and his brother to school everyday, unless he walked of course. He arrived at school just as D's car pulled up. Dirk got out grabbig his book bag and slinging it over his shoulder and shut the car door. D waved and drove off with a promise to be there after school to pick them both up.

    Dirk walked right past Dave and into the school, completely ignoring him. It was the usual though, Dirk was high on the popular scale while Dave was probably the lowest. So in order to keep his rep, Dirk didn't talk to him at school. Which Dave didn't blame him, he was a loser, he didn't deserve his brothers company. It felt more like pity.

    Dave always ponders how people don't know they are related. They are twins after all. He shrugs it off most days though. Dave walked to his locker putting his combo in and grabbing his needed books and supplies as well as his sketchbook. He walked down the hall to his first class. Science.

    He sat down in the back row, setting his stuff down and grabbing His sketchbook. He started to sketch some guidelines for a face. He then started to etch messy raven hair and wide eyes hidden behind thick black frames. He grabbed a colored pencil and started filing in the eyes and hoodie with blue.

   Dave heard foot steps and looked up, regretting that decision. He quickly put his heard back down, praying that he didn't see him look up. It was Eridan Ampora. He thought he was royalty to a point where he bullies and picks on what he calls his "peasants". Really its just the losers like Dave.

   "Hey Strider, wwhat are you drawwing?" His words filled Dave with fear. He didn't want anyone to know he was gay, that would put him lower than dirt on the popularity scale. Not that he really cared, but he didn't need to be any lower. He just tried to put his head down lower, but couldn't without hitting the desk. "Wwhat cat got your tongue?" He got closer and closer. Dave quickly packed up his sketchbook and looked up at him. He signed 'It's none of your concern you selfless prick.' The teacher couldn't have walked in at a more perfect time. Eridan went to his seat a few rows away from Dave, and got ready for class.