1 - Marinette

"I know." The car crushed him, ladybugs sweeping around, cleaning up.

They couldn't clean him up, though. When Ladybug rushed over, she already knew it was too late. His eyes were open wide, a trickle of blood below his lip. "Chat!" Ladybug crashed at his side, clutching one of his hands in both of her own.

He smiled weakly. He coughed once, grip tightening on Ladybug's hand. Ladybug could see the fear n his eyes. "No, Chat...! Not now! Not ever!" She said desperately.

"Don't leave! No, stay!" Ladybug frantically spoke, gently pulling Chat's head on to her lap.

She brushed the hair from his eyes. Then, Chat's hand went limp.

The funereal was solemn, as would be expected. Ladybug was sitting closest to Chat's memorial. She hadn't wanted anyone to come, to tell everyone that they could mourn, but they didn't know Chat like she did. "...Ladybug say a few words." Ladybug's dead state came alive at her name.

"I-Ahem." Ladybug stood up and walked over to the pedestal.

Her hands were shaking and she gripped the edge of the stand tightly. "Well. Ahem." Ladybug's voice came out shaken.

"I.... Chat Noir was a very important hero in our society, but he was more than that, he was bigger than that. He... Chat Noir was an important person in my heart, and now that he's gone..." Ladybug trailed off.

"I don't know what I'm doing here. I'm-I'm sorry. I want to be able to say something meaningful, something important, but what am I supposed to say?" Ladybug gripped the edge of the pedestal tighter still, her sore wrist like a sick reminder of her lost love.

Tears brimmed Ladybug's eyes. "I'm sorry." She stepped back and spoke, turning and walking briskly away.

She dropped into her chair, the very movements of getting up exhausting her. When the ceremony ended, Ladybug tried to leave as hordes of people patted her shoulders, apologized for her loss, gossiping about her. She was sick of pretending that everyone's condolences meant anything.

"Excuse me." Ladybug threw her yo-yo, tears finally blinding her eyes.

She pulled herself, not really knowing where she was headed until she was there. Again. Just now it was colder. Ladybug de-transformed and sat down where Marinette and Chat had on Halloween. Just three short weeks ago. When her parents arrived, they didn't ask what was wrong. They just tried to keep her comfortable. Two weeks could hold a lot, they knew. Marinette's tears overflowed and streamed down her face, her breathing heavy. Soft white flakes began to fall from the sky, landing on Marinette's thighs. Marinette slumped over, looking down. It's too pretty for death. She thought. 

Tikki sat quietly next to Marinette, unable to say anything to console her. Marinette looked up, some snow flakes landing on her. She could see Christmas lights twinkling in the distance. "I wish Chat was here." Marinette whispered.

Tikki couldn't answer. What was she going to say? Her heart was broken, seeing what Marinette was going through. But it'll be okay soon. Tikki reassured herself. "Tikki, Spots On." Marinette's lack of confidence was discouraging to Tikki, but she didn't resist.

Ladybug stood up and jumped from the tower. She was clutching her yo-yo and didn't throw it until she was a few feet from the ground. She could feel the ground, half an inch below her feet, as she swung straight up. Ladybug was swinging once more across a stretch of road when it happened. 

"Promise me you won't lie to me." Marinette said.

"I promise."

Ladybug landed on the rooftop she was aimed at, landing on the side of her foot and twisting her ankle. She fell forward, arms flailing, and landed hard. She lay there a minute, unable to move. Then she stood up and brushed herself off, ankle aching. 

She dropped from the edge of the building, using her yo-yo to rappel down. De-transforming behind a dumpster, Marinette walked down the street to her home. She walked up the stairs, ignoring her mother's concerned look. Marinette walked into her bathroom, making sure she hadn't hurt herself more than she already physically was. Her cheek was scraped and she touched it, finding it wasn't bleeding. Too careless to tend to it, Marinette walked over to her desk and pulled a drawer open. There it sat, edges slightly worn. The first and only letter Chat had written her. At the time it was so silly, a croissant I nuked in the microwave. Marinette smiled at it, as she still tended to do. 

Have a nice day at school, Mari. Don't stay up too late either. I advise against it. Marinette let out a laugh. It was so sweet, that even with him gone, the letter evoked a happy reaction. Marinette held the note to her heart, smile turning sad. A tear slipped from her eye and she placed the letter back in the cabinet.

The sky had darkened by now, so Marinette tucked herself into bed and went to sleep.